Re Newing 1 Year Extension.

I am planning to move from Pattaya to the Khroat area , in October. my 1 year extension ( married to a Thai , over 50 years old ) will need re newing in January 05, looking at the list of immigration offices there does not seem to be one near khroat, and from past experience in applying for an extension in Pattaya, I may have to return to the immigration office may be 3 or 4 times until my new extsesion is ready ( last time it took 3 months )... my question is would it be ok to go back to Pattaya to apply for my new extension, ( as its not that far from from where i am going to move to ) then make a possible trip from Khroat to Pattaya to see if my new extension may be ready ...? if not it would mean possibily having to travel long distances to the nearest immigration office in thr Khroat region, each time to see if my new extension is ready to collect.

Thank you ...........

I am planning to move from Pattaya to the Khroat area , in October.  my 1 year extension ( married to a Thai , over 50 years old ) will need re newing in January 05, looking at the list of immigration offices there does not seem to be one near khroat, and from past experience in applying for an extension in Pattaya, I may have to return to the immigration office may be 3 or 4 times until my new extsesion is ready ( last time it took 3 months )... my question is would it be ok to go back to Pattaya to apply for my new extension, ( as its not that far from from where i am going to move to ) then make a possible trip from Khroat to Pattaya to see if my new extension may be ready ...? if not it would mean possibily having to travel long distances to the nearest immigration office in thr Khroat region,  each time to see if my new extension is ready to collect.

Thank you ...........

For your second consecutive one year extension, it shouldn't take 3 months. When you file your application and have an interview, usually you will receive a 6 week extension first. Then come in on the expiration date or up to 5 days before, earlier than that it may not be approved yet. On your second visit, it should only take about 5 minutes and you should get the final extension.

As for the closest immigration to korat, maybe another thaivisa member can recommend a location.

Looking at the list it looks as though Bangkok is the closest.

The problem with not living close to a border. :o

Please let us know what you do decide and how it works out as there will be others interested.

You can also try a post in the Isaan Forum.

Edited by astral

THANKS GUY´S FOR THE INFO, i WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW ITS WORKS OUT, THERE MUST BE MANY PEOPLE LIVING IN THE KHORAT REGION, WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN IT COMES TO RE - NEWING AN EXTENSION ... ? AND THE NEAREST IMMIGRATION OFFICE IS A LONG WAY OFF....

Thanks .....

For your second consecutive one year extension, it shouldn't take 3 months. When you file your application and have an interview, usually you will receive a 6 week extension first. Then come in on the expiration date or up to 5 days before, earlier than that it may not be approved yet. On your second visit, it should only take about 5 minutes and you should get the final extension.

Huski, someone forgot to inform Koh Samui immigration of that! Mine always takes 2-3 months (12 years running now). When I first started applying it took from 6-9 months (not nice when it starts from the day you apply :o ). But then, that was a few years ago, so perhaps they are just a wee bit more efficient than that now. :D