Ip Star Install

designersing

I am really looking forward to having the speed increase of ipstar, the only nagging worry I have is not overseeing the installation as I will be away for new year. My place is halfway up a mountain side looking outwards, I am worried now that the mountain may well be in the way of the beam? Will the dish have to be perfectly aligned or will I be able to receive a decent enough coverage wihout a 100% alignment? I think its time to have a word with the install company! I cant beleive I didnt think about this sooner, doh,

Anyone with any experience of satellite net installations caring to give a newbie any advice more than welcomed! thanks in advance. :o

best

DSG

I am really looking forward to having the speed increase of ipstar, the only nagging worry I have is not overseeing the installation as I will be away for new year. My place is halfway up a mountain side looking outwards, I am worried now that the mountain may well be in the way of the beam? Will the dish have to be perfectly aligned or will I be able to receive a decent enough coverage wihout a 100% alignment? I think its time to have a word with the install company! I cant beleive I didnt think about this sooner, doh,

Anyone with any experience of satellite net installations caring to give a newbie any advice more than welcomed! thanks in advance. :o

best

DSG

It needs to be perfectly alligned with nothing blocking the view to the sky. When they installed on my place, they even chopped off some branches on a nearby palm tree.

As I do not have a compass, I do not know eaxactly what way my dish is pointing, but the wife says its pointing towards cambodia, and thats to the south of me...

Hi

You have nothing to worry about, although the dish does have to be perfectly aligned, (which they will do ) they will install an offset KU band dish (as opposed to a direct focus dish) which will point to the satellite Thaicom 4 at 120 E. Depending upon where you are in Thailand this will be pointing between 121 degrees and 137 degrees on a magnetic compass. The elevation of the satellite is sufficient that really unless your house is built in to your mountain and faces north then most places in Thailand can see the sat and be serviced. If they can't do it you won't be charged, but I've yet to hear of a failed install here in Thailand - " a F****d up install yes, but not a fail!)

best

DSG

Hi

You have nothing to worry about, although the dish does have to be perfectly aligned, (which they will do ) they will install an offset KU band dish (as opposed to a direct focus dish) which will point to the satellite Thaicom 4 at 120 E. Depending upon where you are in Thailand this will be pointing between 121 degrees and 137 degrees on a magnetic compass. The elevation of the satellite is sufficient that really unless your house is built in to your mountain and faces north then most places in Thailand can see the sat and be serviced. If they can't do it you won't be charged, but I've yet to hear of a failed install here in Thailand - " a F****d up install yes, but not a fail!)

best

DSG

Croftrobin,

thanks for your feedback, much appreciated! I have been doing some research, and looking at the location of my place the 119.5 east direction for the dish should present no probs, we face south towards the ocean so I have a feeling we'll be ok, fingers crossed! I will be getting the install sorted this week so I will come back onto the forum and let everyone know how the service is from my location, thanks again mate.

Best

DSG

Not sure were you are in Thailand but your elevation angle in conjunction with your azimuth pointing will determine if it will be a problem. Most likely it will be ok because the elevation angle from Thailand will be in the range of 57-64 degrees. Elevation angles that high can see over most obstacles without any problem.

If you have UBC, it'll point the same way as your TV dish

Actually it won't, as they now set up IPstar installations to point to Thaicom 4 and not to Thaicom2/5

Hi Croftrobin,

With reference to your above statement, if one's existing installation was set to point to Thaicom2/5, is there any advantage in having IPstar come out and resite one's dish to Thaicom 4 (i.e. better reception etc !!).

All the best............ :o

Hi Ray

Your installation by TOT will have already have the dish pointing at Thaicom 4. It was only older installations (like my previous CSLoxinfo IPstar installation) that used to point to Thaicom 2/3/5, 18 months ago the CSLoxinfo engineers came and turned the dish to point to the new dedicated satellite. And not long after that I dispensed with their service and moved to TOT.

Hope your well in Saudi and see you in the New Year!

If you have UBC, it'll point the same way as your TV dish

Actually it won't, as they now set up IPstar installations to point to Thaicom 4 and not to Thaicom2/5

Hi Croftrobin,

With reference to your above statement, if one's existing installation was set to point to Thaicom2/5, is there any advantage in having IPstar come out and resite one's dish to Thaicom 4 (i.e. better reception etc !!).

All the best............ :o