Asus Eee Pc

Tywais

I've Ebayed myself an 8GB SDHC from Hong Kong. It arrived formatted FAT32. I thought it might be a good idea to NTFS it but when I try I'm only given the option to format to FATA32, NTFS doesn't appear as an option. Anyone know why?

read about this application :o

I had forgotten about that program. Came across it some time ago but didn't have a need for it. Perhaps then you might just take your XP CD and only use nLite to slipstream the service pack in and make the iso bypassing all the other options. Then apply the litepc application to the install. Seems simpler this way. Most of the options I see in litepc are in nLite but allows you to remove after the fact then before, saving a lot of time on a 'faulty' nLite build.

yeah i could save more space this way!. brilliant idea. the nLite version was really not difficult. just the problems that you might come across is a sure turn off. anyways i think this is a better way of doing it using the application mentioned. :D

I've Ebayed myself an 8GB SDHC from Hong Kong. It arrived formatted FAT32. I thought it might be a good idea to NTFS it but when I try I'm only given the option to format to FATA32, NTFS doesn't appear as an option. Anyone know why?

how about trying some third party formatting softwares? i have a 4Gig version. how can i upgrade mine to 8 gigs?

Open a command window and use the XP built in Convert command. Looks like this.

Convert.exe x: /FS:NTFS replacing x: with the drive you want to convert.