Crow Boy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I cannot be a Mod because of my limited english skill and I am a tantrum queen

See others BambinA, its a qualification for a mod :D . And anyway your English is MUCH better than the Thai of most posters on here, including me.

Good luck with your studies :o

and thank you, Harry.....for the honorable mention... :D

You, sriracha john ,Sherryl ,Bina and many many of TV members deserve to be "Thai Visa Member Of The Year"

(Lopburi is 2006 Thai Visa Member Of The Year ..he is such a great guy)

We are all friend. If it is no question from you guys, it is no answer from members. And your curiosity may help people who have a problem.

My point is.. you all TV members deserve to be stars as you guys contribute your acknowledges and experiences.

:o

BambinA. I bet DingoJoe will invite (check Samui, Phanang...postings for reward for business idea) you to a boat trip with all booze food (afterski also) should you be in Samui as reward. hel_l, you can fill in my place since I won't be able to make it. People sharing their local knowledge and time to bother to search information and details when others are busy/lazy/not bothering is valuable for TV community.

Best of 2008 for You and all the TV family (I'll be signing out for the rest of the month).

and thank you, Harry.....for the honorable mention... :D

You, sriracha john ,Sherryl ,Bina and many many of TV members deserve to be "Thai Visa Member Of The Year"

(Lopburi is 2006 Thai Visa Member Of The Year ..he is such a great guy)

We are all friend. If it is no question from you guys, it is no answer from members. And your curiosity may help people who have a problem.

My point is.. you all TV members deserve to be stars as you guys contribute your acknowledges and experiences.

:o

And this is exactly why, ignoring the people who have problems about trangending, or who are insecure in their own small lives, or do not want to add their honest experience about life in Thailand, or can add nothing of value, do not get a look in.

I am completely and diammetrically opposed to your lifestyle BambinaA on a personal level to be honest, but as somebody who only posts only sensible, useful and caring views you have my support. Ignore the over sensitive and carry on :D

Typical of BambinA’s sense of humour :D

Always gives great help & advice

Award very well deseved.

Still hoping to meet you in person one day

Good luck for your future Bambina

Regards

Ivan & Aoy

:D

Booby Prize!!! :o

'ell yes

saggy_boobs.jpg

BambinA is our winner but we would like your suggestions of runner ups that have helped this forum.

Vinny in the Visa's Section, unquestionably Knowledgeable, always helpful, humorous when required, but most importantly, always succinct and to the point and never wrong.

Being amusing alone will not be enough to pass the grade.

Even so, I think Kayo should get a vote, for the closest impersonation of Walter Mutley I have ever seen :o

Moss

After considerable thought, many a beer, some ribs and nachos the moderators and admin have reached a consensus. The following members have been recognised for their contributions to the Thai Visa forum and our members. Most of you will not know all of them but all of them have helped many of you.

They are:

Crossy

Sriracha John

gburns57au

Reimar

Firefox

DavidHouston

Scott

Lite Beer

BambinA is the Thai Visa Member of the Year but these people are very honourable runners up and deserve our congratulations. Each has been sent a PM and will be given a prize from the Thai Visa store.

CB

After considerable thought, many a beer, some ribs and nachos the moderators and admin have reached a consensus. The following members have been recognised for their contributions to the Thai Visa forum and our members. Most of you will not know all of them but all of them have helped many of you.

They are:

Crossy

Sriracha John

gburns57au

Reimar

Firefox

DavidHouston

Scott

Lite Beer

BambinA is the Thai Visa Member of the Year but these people are very honourable runners up and deserve our congratulations. Each has been sent a PM and will be given a prize from the Thai Visa store.

CB

Not that I have any disagreement with the chosen prize recipients (I think they are all worthy for a mention, I know I have seen most of them being very helpful to other board members), how about having some input from the board members as well.

Wouldn't be that hard to set a thread with a voting option, say three votes where you can only vote the same name once (wouldn't want some people voting for themselves three times now would we :o ). Mods votes have a weighting function, bad behavior earns de-merrit points and admin has the final say.

Fair?

Cheers,

Soundman. :D

Thanks CB and the Mods.....runner up to Bambi....I can handle that... :D

seriously though....I am honoured to be in that group of worthy recipients

Thanks again

:D:D

Time to...... :o

And well-deserved for all your help in the Visas to other countries forum :D

Guest Reimar

First at all congratulation to BambinA and all other contestents.

Not that I have any disagreement with the chosen prize recipients (I think they are all worthy for a mention, I know I have seen most of them being very helpful to other board members), how about having some input from the board members as well.

I do believe the systems as it is is ok! By an amount of more than 55,000 members it would be an kind adventure to choose a "Winner" and others! And I do believe that the Admin's and Mod's are the only persons which are able to choose from that bunch of members those members which should be honored a bit!

I do believe the systems as it is is ok! By an amount of more than 55,000 members it would be an kind adventure to choose a "Winner" and others! And I do believe that the Admin's and Mod's are the only persons which are able to choose from that bunch of members those members which should be honored a bit!

I have to add Reimar, that your help in submitting files for the downloads section has been invaluable. As well as your ready help for people with difficult computer problems :o

Well Reimar you should start a poll then I'm sure many people will be up for the vote.....and congrats on your win too,you have helped me and many other members I'm sure with our technologically challenged questions.

Thank you very much to you.

The system is fine & working well. :o

However, I think you may have missed my point that board members should have some input into a "board member of the year" award.

If that is the way admin want to go next year, I am sure the software could handle a voting function within a specified time period & also use additional parameters for weighting functions however admin sees fit.

Only a suggestion! :D

Cheers,

Soundman. :D

Thanks CB and the Mods.....runner up to Bambi....I can handle that... :D

seriously though....I am honoured to be in that group of worthy recipients

Thanks again

:D:D

Time to...... :o

Same from me.

To be mentioned in the same group as the lovely Bambi.

I will not sleep tonight.

Guest Reimar
However, I think you may have missed my point that board members should have some input into a "board member of the year" award.

I don't think that I have missed your point but I believe you miss my one (may because of my bad english?!)!

Ok again, on an forum like this one with a lot foren and subforen and more than 55,000 members who will be in an position for to choose someone to be honored? From my point of view the Admin's and the Mod's only because that's the only person's which having the most infos available about every members. Or you think you have?!

Or may you like to start an kind election like the one from Dec. 23. 07?

Be honest, it isn't possible to start like that on an forum! I would never ever suggest some like that!

And have you even think about the work which need to be done if you want to start some like wat you want? Ok, if you're willing to "pay" for that and even do the work as well, go ahead! But who should choose the candidats and how many and how you than would proceed with the real "democratic" election?

May you're dreaming a bit and it's better to start to thinking to first how much time, how many members, how much paperworks and so on need to be done to get such things started! And than tell me how you would controll such election to be fair?!

IMPOSSIBLE!

Cheers!

I don't think that I have missed your point but I believe you miss my one (may because of my bad english?!)!

I'm not arguing either for or against it but I think all Soundman is saying is something like what football have. They have the official "Player of the year", which is voted for by the big wigs in the sport. Then they have the "Players, player of the year" as voted for by their fellow footballers. Many footballers actually regard this in higher esteem, as it is voted for by people they are playing against all the time.

IMPOSSIBLE!

We have put people on the moon. NOTHING is impossible. It just may take some "thinking out of the box" and doesn't need to be complex.

Off the top of my head, something like a thread that is only open for say 2 or 3 weeks. Anybody who wants to nominate people can nominate upto 3 people, by just putting the names of the people they are nominating, in a post.

You could either count the numbers up and the one with most nominations is the winner. Or it could go to round two, with the top ten nominees put in a poll. The poll could then be attached to the ThaiVisa newsletter that goes out to the members, allowing evryone to cast a vote.

Edited by mrbojangles

Guest Reimar
We have put people on the moon. NOTHING is impossible. It just may take some "thinking out of the box" and doesn't need to be complex.

All of that people involved was getting paid!!!! All Admin's, Mod's and Members of ThaiVisa do NOT getting paid!!!!

I think that's a big difference!!

And on the end 98% of all of the votes want be objective because 98% of the members din't know that much about every Members as the Admin's and Mod's! And about the Footballer of the year is it that 100% of the voters know all the games played and all of the Players! That's even a big difference!

This is my last comment to this points and I think I've make my own position clear enough. And I thinks and believe that the system as it is is true and correct and the only one which will be as objective as possible.

Cheers.

Edited by Reimar

Lol Reimar you got a gong,what are you complaining about? I would elect some of the elite few who have started great threads 'What's the city' or contributed to the humour and Ladies forums.No pleasing everybody.