Tanx To Everyone Again

Hello to everyone again

Well the wife and son have been in the uk now for over three months and have adjusted well and enjoying the british weather(touch and go)I just want to thank everyone again for there help and hope everyone had a merry xmas and a happy newyear.

I would like to now what we will have to do when the 2 years is up with reference to visas so if you can help drop us a line.

Thanx again mikeybee

It's good to hear that all is well.

Once your wife has been in the UK for 23 months, she may apply for her indefinite leave to remain. Start saving items of correspondence now which demonstrate that the two of you are living at the same address. You will also need to show at the time of application that you have sufficient income and accommodation to support yourselves. Additionally, you wife will need to either pass an ESOL with Citizenship course at a local college, or pass the Life in the UK test.

All the best,

Scouse.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi matey,

Good to here things are good.

How did the settlement application go? was it a breeze at the office? or was it tough?

Mr wifes putting hers in tomoz morning.

Scotty........

Hi to you scotty, As for my wife and sons applications being straight forward it was totally the opposite, If you check the archieves on this forum reference my name(mikeybee) you will be able to read the whole story but for a quick review hear goes:-

Firstly my wife and son applied for visitor visas in january last year after us being together for over three years, My wife was then asked to go for a interview at the embassy which she did, and after three hours of interviewing she was told that they didn't believe she would return to thailand at the end of her visit, Even though in the application she had explained that we had planned to return to thailand for a blessing with her family on such a date before then reapplying for settlement visas.

Secondly after being refused rather than appealing we decided to apply for settlement visas which was in febuary, and yet again they refused the applications but this time the refusual decision was absurd, all the things such as accomodation and money to support my family which where fine in the first application where used this time to give us the brush off, But to cap it all off they could'nt even get my family name right on the refusal letter which is not hard as my wife shares the same name.

We then appealed against this decision which did take time, but with help from people on this site the decision was over turned a week before the appeal was due to be heard which was almost 7months later.

This is why i thank everybody who helped as the advice i got was fantastic.

mikeybee