Norton Internet Security 2008

ClaytonSeymour

A few days ago I took advantage of the free upgrade from NIS 2006 to NIS 2008. I've now noticed that when visiting certain sites (including Thai Visa) there's a slowdown in the opening of the page (my CPU usage shoots up to 100%). The slow down applies to both Firefox & IE although not as noticeable in Firefox.

In IE, I'm also seeing the Done, but with errors on page message and icon on every page I visit on Thai Visa, again this seems to have coincided with the upgrade.

Anyone else using NIS 2008 and experienced any of this?

Another annoyance is the frequency in which it runs live update, again hogging the CPU usage.

In the past I saw  (Done, but with errors on page of TV site) without Norton installed, but I use Opera now without problem.  When I did use Norton I would blue screen without possable recover my XP once a month.  It ran much faster and stable after I deleted Norton.  I thought the problem was XP and only Uninstalled norton because they would not let me renew online because I was overseas, could not use the same account I bought the first year with. Dumb and Dumber.  Thats how I discovered just how bad it was.  Lots of free AV that works just as well without killing the PC.