Airport To Southern Bus Station

prodriver

I've got a friend coming out from UK next week to visit me in Kanchanaburi. I've told him to take the shuttle bus to the airport bus station and then take bus 556 to the Southern bus station (new one) where he can board the bus to K'buri.

I've now heard that bus 556 is no longer running. Is this true?

Any info is welcome.

instead of the previouslu running bus 556 there is now minivan, NGV, also nr 556. No need to take a shuttle to the communication centre - all buses now are on the arrival level, outside curb.

runs around every hour - when it's full. If your friend doesn't want to wait he can take a taxi through the outer ring road - takes 40 minutes, no express tall, no traffic jams

I've got a friend coming out from UK next week to visit me in Kanchanaburi. I've told him to take the shuttle bus to the airport bus station and then take bus 556 to the Southern bus station (new one) where he can board the bus to K'buri. I've now heard that bus 556 is no longer running. Is this true? Any info is welcome.

Many thanks londonthai for that information. I'll pass it on to my mate

My own expreince was different:

yes, is now a minibus, but with wider seats as most (NGV new type), cost is 70 bt.

it does NOT serve the lower level at terminal, as it usualy sets off when all seats are sold, at the BUS TERMINAL: so still best to use free white shuttlebus there!

also there are 3 different bus servcies to Kan-buri:

1.miniVAN, from in front of royal Hotel, opposite Sanam Luang, as all vans: lve when full. 556 passes here too.

2.the 2nd cl. buses (hav AC, but do intermed. stops) STILL leave from OLD Sai Thai: 556 passes. but they also serve the new sai Thai

3.the 1sty cl. all-blue AC buses to Kan start from the new sai Thai:=the end of 556 (takes at least 70/75 mins from Swampy, its > 40 kms!

My experience was the same as posted above.

Free Airport shuttle to bus terminal.

vip bus 10 seater style 70 baht to southern terminal.

I had to wait untill it was almost full. Next time I will not give them my money untill I know how soon it will leave.

I think I waited 20 minutes before I lit a fire under their ask.

I had a little problem there.

And it was not a short trip to the southhern terminal.

I can not remember exactly but I want to say 2 hours in bangkok traffic and the toll roads.

This was three weeks ago