Is Prostitution Illegal In Thailand?

Harry Palmer

prostitution is also illegal in england, but i guess those postcards in the public phone boxes are just there for decoration???

Personally i dont know what all the fuss is about... :D

and those arrows on the footpath leading to the phone boxes ... most creative and decorative :D Wasn't Mary Magdelan once on the game too ? :o

If you judge prostitution in Thailand by what you see in PatPong you are missing the whole point.

PatPong is for tourists, as are places like Pattaya.

What you see there is just the tip of the Prostitution Iceberg, there

is another 90% hidden behind signs written in Thai that you cannot read,

in every town in the country.......sad to say.

Just to clear up the point about prostitution and England - it is not illegal in certain circumstances.

The calling cards in a telephone booth will direct you, if you're so inclined, to a flat/house where one girl is working with a maid. That's legal. Two girls in there and it's a brothel, so illegal.

Hence, technically, massage palours offering extras are illegal and attempting to procure sexual favours, or looking for them in public, is also illegal. Hence laws against kerb crawling.

That should clear the situation up. Don't expect to be able to see into any West End phone box in London!!

Well atleast we know for sure that DaveThailand is one of those losers who pays women (and no doubt transexuals in Thailand) for sex  :D  :D

spare a thought for our dave.. after all it's not easy when you have a wooden leg, fart uncontrollably & suffer severe incontinence... :D

sorry i've been away, i was sitting on the toilet where i farted and blew my wooden leg over, just out of my reach. could'nt pick it up because of the risk of making a ghastly mess on the floor. :o