Vaccine Check?

I have just noticed that the offical Thia Visa website says that since I have traveled through Panama I need to have the Yellow Fever vaccine.

I believe it takes about 2 weeks to have this vaccine kick in and I live in a Caribbean country that does not offer such shots.

My only hope is to find a clinic while I am in London on my layover next week. But that would not solve the time requirement issue for the vaccine.

Has anyone else had any experience with Thai Immigration/Customs on having the correct shots?

And what are the odds of them picking out the Panama stamp in my passport with 15 pages full of stamps? Or if I get the shot in London, that they look at the date?

I would hate to get kicked out of Thailand for a 72 hour part in Panama City. But is was a good party and I highly recommend the country for anyone who has not been there!

Thanks.

The yellow fever shot is required every 10 years when travelling through countries with high risk. In 25 years of travelling (every 6-8 weeks with my job) I have never been asked to show my yellow fever stamp. I have worked in central and south America and in east/west/south Africa as well as through out Asia. I always keep the shot up to date....yeah ok I have had it three times. If the immigration card of any country I was visiting asked the daunting question "have you been to africa or south america in the last 6 months", I always answered truthfully. Once again, I have never been asked to show proof that I had this vaccination. So I would say dont worry about it. The immigration authorities of sixty eight countries (to my knowledge) dont seem to care.

regards

Freddie

I always answered truthfully. Once again, I have never been asked to show proof that I had this vaccination. So I would say dont worry about it. The immigration authorities of sixty eight countries (to my knowledge) dont seem to care.

.... Yeah, but maybe at the time he goes through immigration they will check and they will care..! :o

I still think it would be best to comply to the immigration regulations...

The follwing quote is from Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Yellow Fever

- The Ministry of Public Health has laid down regulations that applicantswho have travelled from or through the countries which have been declared Yellow Fever Infected Areas must provide an International Health Certificate providing that they have received a Yellow Fever vaccination.

- The International Health Certificate must be submitted together with the visa application form. The traveller will also have to present the said certificate to the Immigration Officer upon arrival at the port of entry in the Kingdom. As for those nationals of the countries listed below but who have not travelled from/through those countries, such a certificate is not required.However, they should possess concrete evidence showing that their domicile is not in an infected area so as to prevent undue inconvenience.

totster :D