S-video Out From Pc To Tv

Most laptops have an S-Video out connector that you can use to connect to a TV so that you can send the video from your computer to the TV if you want to watch a movie or whatever.

However, a friend of mine and I cannot get our's to work. We plug it into the TV and send the video out and TV blinks for a second but no picture comes up.

We've tried two different computers and two different cables so we're pretty sure it is the TV's.

Has anyone else had any experience with this and have some advice?

Thanks,

PA

Most laptops have an S-Video out connector that you can use to connect to a TV so that you can send the video from your computer to the TV if you want to watch a movie or whatever.

However, a friend of mine and I cannot get our's to work. We plug it into the TV and send the video out and TV blinks for a second but no picture comes up.

We've tried two different computers and two different cables so we're pretty sure it is the TV's.

Thanks,

PA

Depending on your computer, press either F-10, F-11 or F-12 to start the feed out

Yea, I know how to send the video to my S-video out.

The problem I am having is no picture is appearing. And yes I have the TV on the right channel (Video 1).

I am wondering if Asian TV's have a different something or another that is making it not work.

I'm fairly good at this kind of thing but cannot understand why it isn't working here.

PA

I used my laptop for this in Europe no problem. Plug in the S-video+S-cart cable and press Fn+4. Great, watched movies every week for a couple years. Now, I come to Samui and after trying a couple diff cables all I get is a quick flicker on the screen and nothing else.

Thanks,

PA

I use this connection to my TV ( s-video). This is what I have to do.

Connect the laptop to the TV first if I do not I will only get audio

I am using a Dell

so I go to graphics property and choose dual display (primary TV secondary laptop)

The point is hooking it up only will not get you video and F8 DOES NOT WORK.

I have to change the graphics prperties.

Good Luck