Alarm System?

penzman

I really want to avoid installing bars in the windows at our new house. I m thinking of installing an alarm system instead, buzzer/siren and strobelights, detectors inside only. I don t want it to be connected to a central or anything like that as they d probably be the ones running away with the tv and stereo...

My mother is visiting next month from Belgium, I could ask her to bring a system over for us as well.

Has anyone done it here in LOS?

I have sensors on every windown of my house plus a motion detector in the living room and panic alarms in bedroom. I also have bars on the small windows (toilet etc) but not the larger windows as I think they look hideous. Easily installed where I live in Pattaya - cost was about 50,000 baht from memory and the cabling was installed when the house was being built so you do not see any wires.

Hope this helps

Few things to remember:

Lizards trip motion detectors when they walk across them. Also short contacts. Plan accordingly.

Voltage dips can also be a problem - may want good backup/stabilizer and that will require maintenance.

The other half of "other" may not be keen on these false alarms.

Can other half of "other" operate? Many people seem to have a serious problem just getting into cars without alarm sounding.

Do not expect any help to arrive.