Which Option!

Hi,Myself and my family are coming to Los next year to stay,What we are wondering about is my visa situation,My wife and i are living in the UK,She has permanent residency here,and our 4 children will have a Thai passport each very soon,The only problem i have is which visa to apply for.Do i apply for?

1,Go for a Non immigrant "O" visa and let her start up a company in Los,

2,Get married to her and get a Non immigrant visa for marriage think it is a type "B"?

3,Let her start up the business and i work for her and get a work permit for the business,The business in question would involve Teaching English and Thai and translation services.

4,Just get a non immigrant "O" for a multi stay visa for the first year?

Hope some people out there can point me in the right direction,

Regards Gary and Jitt.

ps we will have baht 2,000,000 to bring with us.

Hi,Myself and my family are coming to Los next year to stay,What we are wondering about is my visa situation,My wife and i are living in the UK,She has permanent residency here,and our 4 children will have a Thai passport each very soon,The only problem i have is which visa to apply for.Do i apply for?

1,Go for a Non immigrant "O" visa and let her start up a company in Los,

2,Get married to her and get a Non immigrant visa for marriage think it is a type "B"?

3,Let her start up the business and i work for her and get a work permit for the business,The business in question would involve Teaching English and Thai and translation services.

4,Just get a non immigrant "O" for a multi stay visa for the first year?

Hope some people out there can point me in the right direction,

Regards Gary and Jitt.

ps we will have baht 2,000,000 to bring with us.

You'll need a non-immigrant O visa based on caring for Thai children, and you can get a work permit based on that visa. Until you are formally married to a Thai, that is the only way you can do it because Thailand doesn't recognize de facto marriage

But - either one of you can start a company, and you can then get a work permit to work for that company - once it exists and can issue you an employment letter.

Beadvised:

1) Establishing and operating an English-language school here is a quite challenging process - it must be approved by the Ministry of Education.

2) If you want to provide"certified" translations (which si where the money is), your company has to apply for certification - another challenging process.

Do not think that you can come here and run a serious English language school or serious translation service on an informal, ad-hoc basis. I am told that it would be remarkable if anyone could put together either of thesetypes of business within 6-8 months of starting out.

Others on this board may be able to better describe the process for registering a school.

Food for thought.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

IndoiSiam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com