Tot Advice Apprectaited

thaiclan

I trade futures online and request a fast and reliable ADSL line. I moved into a previous house and was told that TOT serviced the area, there was a phone line so I simply had to purchase the ADSL connection on top. I paid the initail set-up fee (about 4k) and then waited for the connection to start. 4 months later I hadn't been able to do 1 day of trading as the connection was so erratic. Basically it would be on for a few hours then switched off for days, during which I was on the phone to TOT and at their offices all the while being told tomorrow, tomorrow. I had a total of 11 visits to my home and in the end they told me I should contact a private telephone engineer and pay for myself. They NEVER found the problem, yet stated each time they had (portal problem, BKK exchange porb, line problem from outside< receiver inside etc etc). I swallowed my loss and actually moved house because of this.

My new house. TOT said yes ADSL is available. I paid my set up fee. 3 weeks later I seem to be on the same journey! The connection comes on for about 5 mins and then disappears again. I have telephoned and visited TOT and they say someone will come tomorrow, who doesn't, so I call the technical dept and they say "engineer have many many customer, maybe he can come tomorrow".

SO any advice greatly appreciated. TT & T are not in the area, True cant do the ADSL unitl I get TOT sorted. I was thinking maybe I should get a lawyers letter or something? But its not the money, at least not the cost of the line just the 5 months Ive been unable to trade!

Sorry for your bad experience with ToT, we recently applied for a ToT line with ADSL. The promotion 1024/512 Best@cyber was just to good, no installation fee, not for the extra telephone line and for ADSL, we get a free ADSL Billion Bipac 5210S (with network and USB interface). ToT doesn't block access to their routers/modems with stupid passwords as True Corp does.

The surprise was that ToT best@cyber is most of the time faster then our True Corp 1024/512 internet and we pay 590 Bht/pm

Thanks for all the replies. I have a place in Singapore and have been spending more time there because of this issue. But its not Singapore I want to be in..... I had great service in Hua Hin with TT&T 2 years ago and my location was very remote. However here in Pattaya I live off of third road (my previous house) about 1200metres from the main server....so I'm totally confused!

I'll persevere some more but when I get the second months bill through (due in 2 weeks) then I'll probably have to cancel. The line I'm being given as of yesterday is there is a big wiring problem outside my home.....

I could rent an office but that doesn't suit as I like to trade FTSE and other European opens some times and this is very late at night in Thailand (I have a young child at home I take care of alone).

Mai bpen rai..........

This may help. I posted this on another forum last year.

"Find a port below 1000 that is not being used/reserved by another application on your system.

I used ShieldsUp Port Probe: http://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?rh1dkyd2

Enter your Port range (Max 64 per probe). Eg. 600-663 then 664-727 etc until you find a free port.

Next use the normal procedure for setting up a static IP address and assign your chosen port to the Virtual Server port forwarding procedure. Use these links at "PortForward.com" for more detail.

Set up a static IP address: http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Set up port forwarding for DSL-2640T: http://www.portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm

Choose µTorrent as your application and then follow directions.

(My router required me to assign an LAN Client first. Use the static address you previously set up and the Host Name can be found on the "ipconfig /all" command Window)

That’s it. Hopefully this will improve your speeds and connectivity as well as providing a fix for other applications that are being interfered with by these Internet molesters."