Rentals

ashdjin

Hallo everyone.

I'm relatively new to Thailand(been here for 10 short days, planning for a second longer vacantion) and first timer to Phuket. I want to get the best of Phuket at the lowest price possible and i meen here the rent. I've searched around for cheaper accomodation but none can be found( at least not in the internet)...most posts advertise rooms for rent at a minimum of 15,000 baht/month and frankly i am not willing to spend that much. I know i can get lower rates but do not know where to look and whom to ask.I figured i could ask someone who actually lives in phuket or has lived there enough to know better and could suggest an address or a contact or even a place to start for better deals while in Phuket itself.

I'd be trully greatful if someone could give me a hand with this.

Thank you.

actually i am looking for a self-catered apartment to rent for a month...doesn't matter where in phuket as long as it is around a beach....resorts are out of the question...i am looking for a privatly owned appartment...1 basic furnished room a toilet and some space to cook would be more then enough...

you can get student type "bedsits" that are complete hovels for 4k upwards

how cheap do you want?

around 5000-6000 baht/month would be fine for me. can be apartment or hovel as you said...bungalow...small house...as long as it is clean and has basic facilities...toilet and cooking space...

how cheap do you want?

actually i am looking for a self-catered apartment to rent for a month...doesn't matter where in phuket as long as it is around a beach....resorts are out of the question...i am looking for a privatly owned appartment...1 basic furnished room a toilet and some space to cook would be more then enough...

There are excellent rentals 6-8000 bht on Phuket but near the beach is a problem you will have to travel, hire a motorbike :o

how cheap do you want?

looking for anything in a cheaper price range now is pointless. everywhere is full so you wont get anything for rock bottom rates, especially with kitchenette, for under 15k in my opinion. if you are thinking of low season, your chances are higher.

best bet would be to arrive, get some accom for a few days, then ride around and see whats on offer.

looking for anything in a cheaper price range now is pointless. everywhere is full so you wont get anything for rock bottom rates, especially with kitchenette, for under 15k in my opinion. if you are thinking of low season, your chances are higher.

best bet would be to arrive, get some accom for a few days, then ride around and see whats on offer.

yeah i am thinking of the low season...somewhere around may-june...i know my best chances are to go round asking and checking best deals out myself...how ever i am not familiar with phuket and i do not know my way around (this is supposed to be my first time here) and i do like to be prepared..at least to some degree...it would mean a great deal to me if i at least had somewhere definite to stay before i do anything else...

thanks for the advice anyway :o ....

don't you need a shower ashdjin ? :o

A maid too, speshully a "nitely" maid....... ?.... :D

Hey i am a girl...i do not need a maid thank you very much...and as for shower...i think the english "toilet" preatty much sums it all up...or is it lavatory...i can try in other 4 or 5 languages if you'd like that...including my native one...

Thanks for the advice anyway...

Try Phuket Gazette classifieds closer to the time in question, and Google for accommodation Phuket. The proximity to just about any beach has a direct relationship to the price you will have to pay, as does the area itself and the length of time you intend to stay. How long are you staying?

Try Phuket Gazette classifieds closer to the time in question, and Google for accommodation Phuket. The proximity to just about any beach has a direct relationship to the price you will have to pay, as does the area itself and the length of time you intend to stay. How long are you staying?

one month in the low of the low season...around may june this year...

Hi ashdjin,

You don't need to pay that much for an apartment!

There are some very pleasant studio apartments for rent in Rawai, in the south of the island, at www.rawai.info. They're around 7,000 baht per month, 300 metres from the sea (with a sea view), and within walking distance of the bars and restaurants on Rawai Beach.

Check them out!

Verdana

Had a look at the website - no prices mentioned. I'd be extremely surprised if that price is correct, especially for short term. If the OP contacts the agent, I would be interested to hear the price they offer on a one month rental basis - assuming they are prepared to rent for such a short term. Probably won't have to worry too much about how many baht per unit for electricity, since they would be unlikely to have AC for that price (even as a LT rental) but if I am wrong, be sure to ask that as well. If you can get it ST for that price, you're doing exceptionally well.

Edit: I should just mention to the OP that Rawai Beach is not really a swimming beach (many fishing boats), but it is pleasant enough I suppose and not all that far by bike/car from other swimming areas such as Naiharn Beach. It is fairly remote from spots like Kata and Karon and further again to Patong.

Edited by Ping