Opening A Bank Account

kevc

A pal has asked me if it is possible to open a bank account here in Bangkok when he comes over for a long haul, I think I'm right in saying not wothout a w.p. but I thought I'd check with you guys just to make sure, he's not going to be working just on a years stay with a Non O.

Thanks for any help.

You can open a Intl bank like HSBC/GERMAN BANK ACCOUNT ESP IF YOU GOT EXISTING ACCOUNT IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY JUST TE

LL THEM AND 

THEY'LL MAKE A LETTER FOR YOUR BANK OVER THERE,YOU CAN OPEN A savings account in your name EASILY BUT DONT USE THEIR ATM CARDS IN CASE THEY EMPTY YOUR ACCOUNT,THIS HAS HAPPENED TO THAIS....

BE CAREFUL AS HSBC STOPPED ME USING ATM CIRRUS CARD EVEN THOUGH,I HAD FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT AND THEY DIDN'T SORT IT OUT WHILST ABROAD!!

I GOT AN APPOLOGY IN UK AND 2 MONTHS BANK PAYMENTS REPAID BUT ITS WAS NOT ENOUGH.I WONT TRUST THEM.... :o

You can open a Intl bank like HSBC/GERMAN BANK ACCOUNT ESP IF YOU GOT EXISTING ACCOUNT IN YOUR HOME COUNTRY JUST TE

LL THEM AND 

THEY'LL MAKE A LETTER FOR YOUR BANK OVER THERE,YOU CAN OPEN A savings account in your name EASILY BUT DONT USE THEIR ATM CARDS IN CASE THEY EMPTY YOUR ACCOUNT,THIS HAS HAPPENED TO THAIS....

BE CAREFUL AS HSBC STOPPED ME USING ATM CIRRUS CARD EVEN THOUGH,I HAD FUNDS IN MY ACCOUNT AND THEY DIDN'T SORT IT OUT WHILST ABROAD!!

I GOT AN APPOLOGY IN UK AND 2 MONTHS BANK PAYMENTS REPAID BUT ITS WAS NOT ENOUGH.I WONT TRUST THEM.... :o

Sounds a bit scary, but thanks I'll pass it on together with the warnings.

Last time when I went to BKK I wanted to open a bank account too. I came therer with a tourist visa and didn't had a w.p.

I just asked in a lot of different banks about a savings account with visa electron.

After 4 or 5 visits in different banks I could open an account at the Kasikorn bank.

It was very easy and the staff was very helpful.

You just need:

- Passport

- Adress in Thailand (maybe you can use a hotels adress too)

A pal has asked me if it is possible to open a bank account here in Bangkok when he comes over for a long haul, I think I'm right in saying not wothout a w.p. but I thought I'd check with you guys just to make sure, he's not going to be working just on a years stay with a Non O.

Thanks for any help.

Some banks will allow you to open without WP, some insist on one.

Bangkok Bank, main office on Silom for sure allow you to open without the work permit

interesting with the silom main office (bangkok bank). at siam paragon you need everything - and if your signature is not _excactly_ the same than signed in your wp - sign again and again...and again...they really look into it.

interesting with the silom main office (bangkok bank). at siam paragon you need everything - and if your signature is not _excactly_ the same than signed in your wp - sign again and again...and again...they really look into it.

Bangkok Bank is strange.

Their bank at the Emporium branch used to be very farang friendly, but last year they were demanding WP.

The main office on Silom has always been fine. Just go dressed reasonably smart with passport, and you will be ok. :o

its not how you dress that dtermines whether someone will open an account for you...............lol. of course you cant be nekkid!

some will open bank account for you, most wont wo wp.

Azzz ayve zust sed. bankoc banc on slom wil wo wp.its pulite to go drezzed in nomal atyre :o