Things To Do In Non Suwan?

aintravingr8

So I will be in Non Suwan for 2+ weeks at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone of you had suggestions as to what to do for fun here. Last time I only spent a few days and we went to some beach (sorry I wish I knew the name of it) and visited Phanom Rung and stayed at home with family and friends.

I'm looking for some fun things to do. Do any of you have some recommendations as to what I should check out while I'm here?

Thanks

So I will be in Non Suwan for 2+ weeks at the end of the month and was wondering if anyone of you had suggestions as to what to do for fun here. Last time I only spent a few days and we went to some beach (sorry I wish I knew the name of it) and visited Phanom Rung and stayed at home with family and friends.

I'm looking for some fun things to do. Do any of you have some recommendations as to what I should check out while I'm here?

Thanks

Guess there isn't much going on here? How about near by?

Thanks

Beach? :o

It's a little difficult to tell you anything because I can't find either place. What province is it in and what is the nearest city?

Gary.

It's a small Moo Ban on the main road between Prakonchai and Buriram,

The beach is probably Suan Nok, which is a fairly large nature reserve

It's a little difficult to tell you anything because I can't find either place. What province is it in and what is the nearest city?

Gary.

It's a small Moo Ban on the main road between Prakonchai and Buriram,

The beach is probably Suan Nok, which is a fairly large nature reserve

My Garmin GPS doesn't have it. It's about 45 kilometers between Buriram and Prokonchai so it appears that if he wants anything farang oriented, he will have to go to Buriram.

Thanks

Hello

Been racking my brain re Non Suwan -now realise it is just 4kmsup the road from me. You are some 6/7kms north of Prakhonchai and about 35kms from Buriram.

Not too familiar with Buriram itself, but, there is the Buriram beach (just down the road from Big C and Makro) basically a large swimming pool with a sandy "beach". Supposedly open every day, but always seems closed during the week when I pass by. More than likely open at weekends, when the schools are closed.

There is Suan Nok - a bird park (like a miniature Nong Nooch in Pattaya) complete with small zoo-this is about 16 kms north of you. Nice and peaceful (other than weekends), but I usually see more birds in my garden!

Not much else I am afraid, except a few farangs meet up every Friday evening (late afternoon) 4 - 4.30 in a small shop directly opposite the bus terminal in Prakhonchai.

There is a nice German restaurant -(makes a change from Thai food) 100 metres on the left on the road to Phanom Rung where it branches off the road from Prakhonchai to Ban Kruat. Also a couple of Thai restaurants opposite the man-made lake close to Prakhonchai post office. The furthermost one is the best in my opinion and they usually have live country music weekends.

Hope this helps

I live in Non Suwan and it's roughly half way between Nong Ki and Nang Rong on route 24. There's naff all to do here but if you want to call in for a beer you're quite welcome. The village, in my opinion, is backward and down market. Not the place to spend 2 weeks holiday.

I live in Non Suwan and it's roughly half way between Nong Ki and Nang Rong on route 24.

It's fairly common, there is a village of the same name near Udon Thani, I know I nearly lived in that one.

We need the OP to return for a little clarification.

• 4 weeks later...

So I just returned from 10 days in Non Suwan and there isn't really much going on but I did happen to make it to a large party at the temple which included many games, food stands, loud music and an outdoor inflatable movie theater screen. Not sure what the occasion was for the party but the whole town was was there I do believe and I happend to meet one farang who's name I don't remember. I'm not sure if he is on here or not but he was a nice guy.

Nick I think I passed by your house one day, Brian had given me directions? Nice places you both have. Maybe next time we can meet up for a drink?

I'm thinking the beach that I had mentioned earlier was more like a nature reserve then anything.

Did make it to Korat, went to the mall and watched some live performance of Milo cartoon, made it to the waterpark as well and the Zoo. Went to some discoteche in Buriram, visited the outdoor market in Nang Rong and of course did the engagement party thing.