Help My Friend To Rent A House/condo In Bangkok

Is there anyone who can help my friend to rent a condo/house with at least 2 rooms, around 5,000 baht?

Before your start attacking me, I tell you that my friend has a doctorate degree and earning a very low salary here in Thailand, as he is not a white guy.

His family will join him, so he can stay with family.

There is no preferences of areas, however, it should be a nice and safe neighborhood.

I know it is difficult to find, but I think areas like Minburi, Bangbo, would do. What do you think?

No, I am not troll, just wanted to help my friend to live in Bangkok.

Don't know what the white guy thing has to do with it, but there are some reasonable places in Ladroa area quite cheap and clean.

I assume you meant lad phrao... How you find these places? Are you talking about condos, townhouse or houses?

I don't know if it's possible but maybe we can have a shared thread where people can list what they've seen/prices/locations and share that information with us all.

bangkok as you well know is a big city.

might help us if you tell us where your friend is working, and how far he is prepared to travel each day, i am not being rude, but i assume he doesnt need to be near to skytrain/underground if cost is a factor.

there are many cheap and cheerful places to be found in the ramkamheng area, and it gives your friend the use of the boat for getting to and from work.

the best thing to do is look round the areas he has decided on, there are for rent signs (hy chaw) all over the place.

i know a teacher who lives in the rangsit area and travels to sukhumvit every day, the reason she is there is because of the price of accomodation, although the travelling time and effort involved leaves her physically exhausted at the end of the day.

may be worth paying a bit extra to do away with such problems.

There are places to be found in the Huay Khwang and Sutthisan areas that might fulfill your friends needs.

For that kind of price, he should go out looking around 10-15 minutes walk from the MRT stations in those areas.

Those kind of places do exist. i think the best way is just to go 'door to door' asking at each condo/apartment complex. There are big clusters of them in both of those areas.

Never tried looking anywhere else though. good luck to him.