Vista Sp1 Issues

bkkperson

Hi,

I have been reading a few posts about people installing SP1 and would just like to put let the normal user know a few things..

At present the SP1 avilable is a release candidate which means it is beta software and hasnt been offically released to the public yet, which therefore means that it 'could' be buggy and as its timed you will have to un-install it anyway...

The problem with service packs are they intergrate very neatly into the original software by the systems files being replaced therefore when it come to actually having to un-install it you could find yourself with more problems than you had before you had when you installed it...

i hve installed the RC1 the other day and to be honest apart from the slight and i do mean slight increase in copying files there isnt any other advantages..still problems with USB etc..but then again im an engineer so i have no problems with re-installing my machine at any time, but for those who use it as there own personal PC i would recommend you wait for the offical release to come in the next few weeks..

If you real feel you need to put SP1 RC1 on then i would strongly recommend you do a full Vista OS backup first which as you all probably aware Vista does a good job of..

Hope this helps