Bangkok Pattaya Or International?

sweetchariot

I am sure this is of little interest, but I did promise an update.

Went to Pattaya International yesterday, did the endoscopy which showed nothing. We then went for a CT scan, the doctor there was amazing and spent about 1 hour with me personally going through the results on the computer. Initial findings were again nothing, although he has to go through it in a lot more detail, and then come up with a report and recommendations, which will now take 2 weeks?? <deleted>?

UPSIDE: I now have more brownie points than I know what to do with. The outlaws inlaws have been thanking my g/f for meeting such a 'wonderful' man, without whom Mama would be dead!

DOWNSIDE: 2 more weeks with the inlaws sleeping in my spare room/ garden/ floor until we get this sorted. The missus is now teaching them Thai so we can communicate (a little bit) as they still speak some weird hilltribe language that sounds like Captain Caveman.

Keeping the inlaws feed and clothed: 5,000 baht

Hospital bills to date: 25, 000 baht

Doing something good for once in my life: PRICELESS

...............Swing Low

I am sure this is of little interest, but I did promise an update.

Went to Pattaya International yesterday, did the endoscopy which showed nothing. We then went for a CT scan, the doctor there was amazing and spent about 1 hour with me personally going through the results on the computer. Initial findings were again nothing, although he has to go through it in a lot more detail, and then come up with a report and recommendations, which will now take 2 weeks?? <deleted>?

UPSIDE: I now have more brownie points than I know what to do with. The outlaws inlaws have been thanking my g/f for meeting such a 'wonderful' man, without whom Mama would be dead!

DOWNSIDE: 2 more weeks with the inlaws sleeping in my spare room/ garden/ floor until we get this sorted. The missus is now teaching them Thai so we can communicate (a little bit) as they still speak some weird hilltribe language that sounds like Captain Caveman.

Keeping the inlaws feed and clothed: 5,000 baht

Hospital bills to date: 25, 000 baht

Doing something good for once in my life: PRICELESS

...............Swing Low

I note from an earlier post that you had to wait 3 days for the endoscopy at Pattaya International and now 2 weeks for a report and recommendations from the CT scan! Your mother-in-law could have been dead in this time. At BPH you get things done immediately. I know it's expensive but can you put a price on a life? :o

I have written a post twice, pushed all th correct buttons, but all has disappeared twice.

In brief this time: You shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for report and recommendations. I recommend you go see Dr. Chanchai and ask him <deleted> - actually you won't say that but that's how you feel.

There should be no problem being in consulting/exam rooms if the patient is OK with it. 4 ears are better than 2 and most doctors recommend. If you are accompanying Thai patient the doctor will ask you to be quiet while he takes history and does examination, then he will talk with patient, then he will explain to you.

Do you know what area the CT covered? What about blood tests?

I have written a post twice, pushed all th correct buttons, but all has disappeared twice.

In brief this time: You shouldn't have to wait 2 weeks for report and recommendations. I recommend you go see Dr. Chanchai and ask him <deleted> - actually you won't say that but that's how you feel.

There should be no problem being in consulting/exam rooms if the patient is OK with it. 4 ears are better than 2 and most doctors recommend. If you are accompanying Thai patient the doctor will ask you to be quiet while he takes history and does examination, then he will talk with patient, then he will explain to you.

Apparently the main man is away until the 2nd Feb, and we go to see him on the 3rd. Does this Dr. Chanchai work at International? He's not the guy we are going to see. I was not impressed but that was the explaination I was given.

They did take some blood, but only told me they found nothing wrong with this also.

I note from an earlier post that you had to wait 3 days for the endoscopy at Pattaya International and now 2 weeks for a report and recommendations from the CT scan! Your mother-in-law could have been dead in this time. At BPH you get things done immediately. I know it's expensive but can you put a price on a life? :o

You are right Westerner, but I feel kind of trapped now. Will they release the data to another hospital do you think? I don't think she would do it again, it took alot of persuading to do one time.

Apparently the main man is away until the 2nd Feb, and we go to see him on the 3rd. Does this Dr. Chanchai work at International? He's not the guy we are going to see. I was not impressed but that was the explaination I was given.

They did take some blood, but only told me they found nothing wrong with this also.

As far as I know Dr. Chanchai is still at International. He is like a GP and I have used him for years and years but not lately having had nothing wrong with me.

Tell him you are not impressed.

PIH does not have the equipment to do a proper diagnoses. try Phiathai hospital in Sriracha. Has the newest and most up to date equipment. newer than BHP, and much better doctors. No split pricing. one price for all. You will not regret it. Myself and my family now use this hospital for all our medical needs.

Barry

Yep agree with this.

The PHYATHAI Sriracha Tel: GEN 038 770200 .............Emergency: 038770218

Very good indeed.

You are right Westerner, but I feel kind of trapped now. Will they release the data to another hospital do you think? I don't think she would do it again, it took alot of persuading to do one time.

I would request the data be given to you personally - they can't refuse as you have paid for it. You can then take it to any hospital of your choice. I have dealt with BPH on many occasions and found the doctors to be first-class and the hospital, in general, extremely professional with all up-to-date equipment.

Good luck and I hope you get this lady fit and well.

I totally agree with all of the posters about going up to Sri Racha. The doctors and staff up there are wonderful and the pricing is the same for Thai and Farang. So, you really can't lose. If you don't have a car, then you can take the bus to the Robinson's department store and then walk for about 5 minutes to Piya Thai.

No need to waste your time with Pattaya hospitals.

If you have a car GET OUT of Pattaya and go to Sri Racha or Sattahip....phayathai n Sri Racha is consistently cheaper than Bkk pattaya and all treatment in Thailand is hit or miss so why waste money?

many hospitals will scare you into extra and unessecary treatment

To day I want to BHP to get a quote for colonoscopy.At the reception the staff send me to the X Ray departement??, There of course they sent me to the internal medecine. I wait 10mn , I tell that I want only a quote , but they send me to The healht insurance office at the same floor, asking me if I want an insurance. After my negative answer they said that colonoscopy is 19000b. I said thanks and I gone

In PIH this examination is 12000B and in navy hospital Sattahip is 3500 B.

To day I want to BHP to get a quote for colonoscopy.At the reception the staff send me to the X Ray departement??, There of course they sent me to the internal medecine. I wait 10mn , I tell that I want only a quote , but they send me to The healht insurance office at the same floor, asking me if I want an insurance. After my negative answer they said that colonoscopy is 19000b. I said thanks and I gone

be interesting to see what the price is if you have insurance....sorry which is PIH?

be interesting to see what the price is if you have insurance....sorry which is PIH?

Pattaya international Hospital

I totally agree with all of the posters about going up to Sri Racha. The doctors and staff up there are wonderful and the pricing is the same for Thai and Farang. So, you really can't lose. If you don't have a car, then you can take the bus to the Robinson's department store and then walk for about 5 minutes to Piya Thai.

No need to waste your time with Pattaya hospitals.

Can you say how to take the bus from Pattaya to Sri Racha to Robinsons? Where exactly to get the bus? What does the bus look like? Just board and pay on the bus? Is there any schedule info available?

This afternoom I came back to PIH to be sure of the price for this colonoscopy: Now it is 25000 B(special pakage, with annoucement in the hall), but reading the package nothing more than normal examination.So it is more expansive than in BHP.

About my first post in BHP I said I have my medical insurance, but they send me in the health insurance office...

This afternoom I came back to PIH to be sure of the price for this colonoscopy: Now it is 25000 B(special pakage, with annoucement in the hall), but reading the package nothing more than normal examination.So it is more expansive than in BHP.

About my first post in BHP I said I have my medical insurance, but they send me in the health insurance office...

So between your first visit and second visit to PIH PIH had seemingly changed the price from 12000 to 25000. There must be something you are not understanding. Maybe the 25000 is for the whole works - colonoscopy and gastroscopy?

I recommend that folks going to BPH and feeling they are getting the runaround from staff who don't understand, that you go upstairs to the International Dept. and get help from one of the quite a few farangs who are employed at BPH to help farang patients and clients.

So between your first visit and second visit to PIH PIH had seemingly changed the price from 12000 to 25000. There must be something you are not understanding. Maybe the 25000 is for the whole works - colonoscopy and gastroscopy?

I recommend that folks going to BPH and feeling they are getting the runaround from staff who don't understand, that you go upstairs to the International Dept. and get help from one of the quite a few farangs who are employed at BPH to help farang patients and clients.

Thanks for your information about farangs working in PIH. I did not know. I'll check with them.It is only for colono, announcement with price is in the reception hall. I am customer in PIH and I was surprised that this exam is more expansive that BPH

Thanks for your information about farangs working in PIH. I did not know. I'll check with them.It is only for colono, announcement with price is in the reception hall. I am customer in PIH and I was surprised that this exam is more expansive that BPH

I said farangs working at BPH. As far as I know PIH doesn't employ farang help. If you need someone at PIH to sort things out for you try Dr. Chanchai - of course you will have to pay a consult fee.

I said farangs working at BPH. As far as I know PIH doesn't employ farang help. If you need someone at PIH to sort things out for you try Dr. Chanchai - of course you will have to pay a consult fee.

Dr. Chanchai is a very good general doctor, also speaks English and German, but let's not forget that he is one of he major shareholders of PIH and you won't get far with him about financial matters. He can however set things in motion regarding care.

cheers

onzestan