Financing

kkk123

Hi all

Plan to buy car with down payment..

Looking at 700K-1000K used one..

Probably under girl friend's name since I don't have license..

Can anyone tell me what documents that she need to prepare?

She is still college student but have full-time job..

Thank you..

who is the car for, you or g/f ?

if you i would get a license and have the car in my own name.

sorry for being cynical, but she is only your g/f and she is working, for 700k baht you can buy a brand new car.

i dont know how much your girlfriend earns, get her to go to a local bank and see how much they would lend her.

sounds to me this has nothing to do with a car, and is all about face.

they sell cars in all the big shopping malls every day, all she has to do is talk to the sales staff, once she has decided on the model, who will be paying for the car?

You need a non immigrant visa but don't need a license to own a car or truck. You don't need to own property either.

As a Thai she'll likely need a guarantor who owns land free of loans, has cash in the bank or has a government type job. They would need free income of about 250% of the monthly payments.

If your girlfriend has a good job paying say 40k per month, then she could get a loan to buy an 800k vehicle easy. But she'll need a clean bank account and then still perhaps need a guarantor unless she has land.

Roughly she'd have to put down 20% and the more you do, the less documents she'll need. Perhaps 30% for non 4*4 would be ok with no guarantor. You'd have to buy it where she lives (house book register) or neighbouring province or ok if she is from bangkok.

For you, you might get away with 40% to 50% with no work permit and no job but with proveable income (going into your Thai bank each month).

who is the car for, you or g/f ?

if you i would get a license and have the car in my own name.

sorry for being cynical, but she is only your g/f and she is working, for 700k baht you can buy a brand new car.

i dont know how much your girlfriend earns, get her to go to a local bank and see how much they would lend her.

sounds to me this has nothing to do with a car, and is all about face.

they sell cars in all the big shopping malls every day, all she has to do is talk to the sales staff, once she has decided on the model, who will be paying for the car?

I stupidly did this and lost the car i was paying for. As someone said, if you can get the car in your name. I was under the impression i couldn't put the car in my name as thats what my GF told me at the time as i wasn't working here, but i didn't look into it properly which i should have done, and ended up loosing the car in the break up.

I bought i new Mits Pickup, despite prefering at the time to buy second hand. Is there any reason why you need to buy new. I fell for the must buy new as 'second hand cars are very no good'.

Not really a bad idea to buy a NEW car in her name. New cars usually have lower interest rates. Finance it for as long as possible. If she wants to keep the car she will have to keep you at least as long as you are making payments. :o

Mine is in the wife's name but only because of the financing angle. With the baby I'd have to buy or rent a vehicle so the 16k per month I equate to the hire cost and the 130k or so down is my actual "loss".

I certainly would not have bought cash in her name nor if I wanted to put down 40% or so. I would also not buy for any pushy girlfriend and absolutely not one with no income of her own who I had known only a short period of time.

Time to think with the big head, not the small one :o

Get your papers in order (Thai license easy to get) and have the car in your name.

If she really loves you she has no problem with that, if she goes through the roof you know what time it is........