What's Happening With Airport Taxis?

jimbim

Hmmmmm

American Airport; arrived at 1am, in snow, my taxi was available at, no joking, 3am after standing 2 hours outside.

And after all that, we had a driving accident and I had to wait as witness; got to my hotel at 5am.

Therefore, I can categorically state all American airports are rubbish, you have to wait 4 hours to get to your destination.

It is all a big scam.

Steve 'The voice of reason' Romagnino.

As an aside, you mention yelsewhere that ou always go to departures. Good idea, but if you do that and the taxi driver attempts to avoid putting his meter on you can't really morally object in my opinion. By going to the departures area you are depriving the airport of revenue and not being entirely fair to the hundreds of taxi drivers who have been waiting hours for a proper fair. In a way, you're perpetuating your own scam and - by giving business to drivers who are bending the rules - encouraging more dishonesty.

Ah yes, but as an old hand, I have the right to go to departures. :D:o

Speaking of taxis at the new airport....

I have only been to the new airport once (but that was when I was leaving Thailand). Before I went to the old one when I first arrived in Thailand. So I have no clue as to where everything is in this new airport. Does the airport have a website and map by the way?

Anyway, so from what I have been reading, it sounds like the best place to go and get a taxi is at departures?

How about the shuttles/mini buses though? Where are they located and are they better to take than the taxis? I need to go to the southern bus terminal once I arrive in bangkok and I am not sure how much that should cost..

Anyway, if anyone could help me out, that'd be great :o ...as I am pretty clueless...haha...

Speaking of taxis at the new airport....

I have only been to the new airport once (but that was when I was leaving Thailand). Before I went to the old one when I first arrived in Thailand. So I have no clue as to where everything is in this new airport. Does the airport have a website and map by the way?

Anyway, so from what I have been reading, it sounds like the best place to go and get a taxi is at departures?

How about the shuttles/mini buses though? Where are they located and are they better to take than the taxis? I need to go to the southern bus terminal once I arrive in bangkok and I am not sure how much that should cost..

Anyway, if anyone could help me out, that'd be great :o ...as I am pretty clueless...haha...

You could start here :http://www.airportthai.co.th/airportnew/sun/index.asp?lang=en

For replies to specific questions try looking up old topics, everything regarding Suvarnabhumi has been asked and replied to many times over.

cheers

onzestan