Tawandang Brew House

marsu

Hi, we are staying in BKK on our last night in Thailand (end of April) and we have been recommened to vist the Tawandang brew house aka Beer German on Rama 3rd road. Does anyone know of a good hotel nearby.

Many thanks. M

Hi, we are staying in BKK on our last night in Thailand (end of April) and we have been recommened to vist the Tawandang brew house aka Beer German on Rama 3rd road. Does anyone know of a good hotel nearby.

Many thanks. M

At night it is only 100- 150 baht or so and 15 minutes in a taxi to either the Silom/Pratunam or Sukhumvit hotel areas. So any tourist class hotel in one of those areas should be OK.

Many thanks. M

I think that you are setting yourself up for disappointed if your objective in going there is to drink reasonably good German-style beer, Brewpubs in Thailand just aren't up to snuff. You'd do better going someplace like Bulley's that has two different Paulaners & a couple of British/Irish ales on tap plus a number of other imports in bottles.

Many thanks. M

I think that you are setting yourself up for disappointed if your objective in going there is to drink reasonably good German-style beer, Brewpubs in Thailand just aren't up to snuff. You'd do better going someplace like Bulley's that has two different Paulaners & a couple of British/Irish ales on tap plus a number of other imports in bottles.

Entertainment is good however (for certain age groups).

Many thanks. M

You're leaving me wondering whether I am too young or too old for the place.

Many thanks. M

The ales on tap at Bulley's has as much in keeping with a good conditioned ale than ditch water has. Clearly a person of exceptional poor taste and genuine experience illustrated all to clearly by you advising the poster a way from GTB to that alternative. By the way the ales that you have been drinking can damage your eyesight as the OP was asking about hotels in the area, not your opinion of the beer being sold.

Many thanks. M

The ales on tap at Bulley's has as much in keeping with a good conditioned ale than ditch water has. Clearly a person of exceptional poor taste and genuine experience illustrated all to clearly by you advising the poster a way from GTB to that alternative. By the way the ales that you have been drinking can damage your eyesight as the OP was asking about hotels in the area, not your opinion of the beer being sold.

FOAD. Perhaps, but you must compare the the rest of the offerings in Thailand. Even Paulaner out of a bottle is better than what Tawandang brews. Did you grow up in a barn, or are you just a natural born asshol_e?

Edited by kdvsn

Many thanks. M

It's an excellent venue with a great atmosphere. The nearest reasonable hotel would be the Forum Park Hotel in Chan Road, perhaps 1 km away.

The Evergreen Laurel on Sathorn Road near the corner of Narantiwas is a little further away than the one on Chan road, but the same amount of time in a taxi. (You may want to walk to Narantiwas for a taxi because traffic on Sathorn crawls at certain times.) The hotel is a little spendy by Bangkok standards, but it is a boutique 4 star place. It's a bit of a walk, but Soi Convent and Silom road are walkable from this place as well.

Many thanks. M

It's not in a convenient location, but is easy to get to by taxi:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=13.696777&am...amp;m=a&v=2

Been a few times. Was the best alternative to the now demolished Coliseum.