Transferring Audio Cassettes To Cds

dekestone

Got these old blues tapes I'd like to convert to CD. Thought I saw this service advertised somewhere in Bangkok last time I was there but can't remember where.

Anybody had it done? Cost? What's the format? MP3 or...?I assume the sound quality is only as good as the tape and hopefully won't degrade anymore when converted.

Thanks for any help.

Iffen you don't mind a little shop work you can do it yourself- cut and strip the ends of a pair of RCA cables (that's the red/white double plug) from your stereo output. Cut the plug off a microphone and separate the inner and outer wire (should be a coaxial cable, I think...). Solder or twist the RCA red line to the outer microphone line and the white line to the inner (or vice versa, either way might work) and you have yourself a microphone input coming from your cassette player. Then use any MP3 recorder that can record microphone input in realtime, and - VOILA! You have a cassette-to-digital system.

"Steven"

in Pantip i think third floor , a friend of mine has done some tape to vcd and VHS tape to vcd.

The shop are near the elevator ( going from one elevator to the next one ) , open shop with a lot of audio hardware inside.

the cost was 100 bahts for audio and 250 for the video ( last year ) .

Now he do them at home with his computer, if you need to know what program he use , i will ask him ...

Why dont you just buy your self a TV capture card for your computer (about B1000) and a link lead (yellow and white ends)

Now all transfers to cd will be free for both Audio & Video.

Also you can now use your computer as a TV recorder. :o

http://www.thinkgeek.com/pcmods/cables/6908/

-->

The PlusDeck 2 is a full-logic cassette deck for your PC. Use it to archive your old cassette tapes of 80s hair bands into digital media files for playback on your PC. Or better yet, archive your favorite audio files or streams onto cassette - perfect for playback in your '78 Midget that is still not sporting an in-dash CD player.

<--

If you have a computer, simply upgrade your sound card, say to a Sound Blaster Audigy. This will allow you to record whatever you hear on the computer. This software also allows you to clean up hisses and clicks and improve the sound quality of most tapes. I normally do mine using a personal cassette player, with a line going into the back of the sound card. It is much better if you do if yourself, as you don't want to end up with a 45 min tape being recorded as one whole track