Ubon - Which Cafe Serves A Decent Breakfast?

Jessy

I usually enjoy eating Thai food for all my meals, but breakfast is something I prefer to eat as an English breakfast. As I am usually only here at the weekend I have to eat out. Is there anywhere that caters for foreigners in this respect.? Thanks.

I usually enjoy eating Thai food for all my meals, but breakfast is something I prefer to eat as an English breakfast. As I am usually only here at the weekend I have to eat out. Is there anywhere that caters for foreigners in this respect.? Thanks.

WrongWay Cafe in Padaeng rd have good english breakfast, but I think not open before 11.00.

There is a farang style cafe just opposit the entrance to the airforce base, which have eggs, bacon, toast. +++, and opens 0900.

Otherwise try the Laithong hotel breakfast buffe'.

WrongWay Cafe in Padaeng rd have good english breakfast, but I think not open before 11.00.

There is a farang style cafe just opposit the entrance to the airforce base, which have eggs, bacon, toast. +++, and opens 0900.

Otherwise try the Laithong hotel breakfast buffe'.

Also there is COZY Restaurant in Chayakoon RD, close by Kasikorn bank, but dont know what time they open, but im sure Mattias will reply for you soon.

I have taken Laithong BF buffet many time's and some times it's good sometimes not soo good,,, also, NEVADA has BF Buffee in the morning's.

• 1 year later...

The breakfast buffet at Laithong is ok, but if you arrive 1/2 an hour after they start, everything is cold except the various kinds of fried eggs/omelets that are made by order.

Not impressive in my opinion, but a decent selection of (cold) food. :o

Ubon International (Nevada) is about the same while Thosang offers less variety.

I'm looking forward to trying the new Sunnee Grand, which is fully up and running in March/April.

I need to change my post saying that Tony's doesn't do breakfast anymore. Yesterday they said they have stopped doing breakfast but this morning when we went for a coffee they said that they are doing it which was a shame as we had already eaten someone else first!

Laithong has a buffet style breakfast, not expensive and they have bacon, eggs, and all you need to wake you up as a farang. Pretty decent from what I can remember....

There was no bacon when I went there 2 weeks ago (might have just been a once off though). Also some of the dishes were stone cold at I got there at 6.30am.

there's that series of modern stylish cafes/cake shops on the east side of town sort of near laithong where i go for breakfast. they have good coffee and food. i don't remember their names... they're actually kind of strange, like a little slice of hi-so bangkok in ubon. not too many farangs there.

I need to change my post saying that Tony's doesn't do breakfast anymore. Yesterday they said they have stopped doing breakfast but this morning when we went for a coffee they said that they are doing it which was a shame as we had already eaten someone else first!

I'm glad you clarified, I was surprised as I had breakfast there not long ago. They had run out of coffee though :o

Another place you can get breakfast is the Sri Isaan hotel - but like most places, they have fankfurters instead of sausages and those little squares or triangles of cold ham. Oh well...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
^you've invaded this website as well then memers..

havent got bored of the fat brickie have you?

No idea who you are DT but don't think I like the word 'invaded' especially since I joined up in 2003.

Edited by MeMock

We did manage room for coffee and cake!

Hey,phibunmike, you in town at the moment? Looks like I might have to do a 90 day report in a few days time, thought I might see if you are up for a quick catch up.

Hi Memock,

Sorry to reply so late, I have not been in the forum for a while. I expect your visit has long since passed. I am away in Malaysia at the moment, but will return home in a few days. So if you haven't reported yet, drop by!

Cheers,

Mike

edit> typo

Edited by phibunmike

my apologies then ol' pal, just thought you might have got bored of fat eric and his schlong inferiority complex

No not bored although the place does ebb and flow like most forums. I don't think that Eric is all that fat either.

So are you going to tell me who you are?