Rambo

steffi

Unknown, though a few posters are out at the theatres. Oddly it's already playing in both Singapore and Malaysia. A lurking question in my mind though is the sensitivity to the subject matter, after all our new Foreign Minister has been known to be pally with Burma. Might it not make it here, or be subject to cuts. Come to think as I type I've not see a trailer for it here either, has anyone?

Regards

17th of March, trailer running at Major Cineplex shows.

Unknown, though a few posters are out at the theatres. Oddly it's already playing in both Singapore and Malaysia. A lurking question in my mind though is the sensitivity to the subject matter, after all our new Foreign Minister has been known to be pally with Burma. Might it not make it here, or be subject to cuts. Come to think as I type I've not see a trailer for it here either, has anyone?

Regards

17th of March, trailer running at Major Cineplex shows.

Watched it last night on pirate, it was like watching a movie through a letterbox,widescreen copy, it was a load of <deleted>, the actors were awful they even had a guy that had a small part on coronation st ! and some other loud mouthed landaner that kept using foul language including the "C" word, and i dont mean charlotte :o

go and see Rambo awesome movie and a lot of Thais involved in the making. Interesting how sfx were all done by Russians

While making the movie, the "hero" saw first hand Burmese junta crackdown on the protesters, many fleeing into where he was.

That time, there, CNN type of fantasy met the reality.

He could (or not attempted) do nothing. He was dismayed. Even said to the press "unspeakable cruelty" he could just watch as an accidental bypasser. Would u expect more from him?

Another Western junk.

Enjoy the movie.

Surely you don't believe that he could actually physically interfere while they were filming I hope?

Actually he has been quite outspoken about what he saw in Burma and has been actively campaigning to draw attention to the situation. Do a search on "Sylvester Stallone Burma" and many news reports come up.

Burma: Stallone speaks out after Rambo crew witness 'hel_l beyond your wildest dreams'

The actor and his movie crew were shooting "John Rambo", the fourth movie in the action series, on the Salween River separating Burma and Thailand. "I witnessed the aftermath - survivors with legs cut off and all kinds of land mine injuries, maggot-infested wounds and ears cut off.

slystalloneBIG1505_468x550.jpg

"We saw many elephants with blown off legs. We hear about Vietnam and Cambodia and this was more horrific," he said.

"This is a hellhole beyond your wildest dreams," Stallone said. "All the trails are mined. The only way into Burma is up the river."

Shots were fired over the film crew's heads and there were threats, he said.

"We were told we could get seriously hurt if we went on," Stallone added.

He had first hand accounts, too, from the Burmese extras whose families were imprisoned.

Stallone returned eight days ago - before the crackdown last week against the largest pro-democracy protests in Burma in two decades.

He has faced criticism for his choice of location. "I was being accused, once again, of using the Third World as a 'Rambo' victim.

"The Burmese are beautiful people. It's the military I am portraying as cruel," he said.

Now Stallone is finding the editing process difficult, and finds himself asking the question "Are you making a documentary or a 'Rambo' movie?"............

As for the poster that asked if it was Stallone that bailed from Thailand during the coup, I am 90% sure it was another macho type actor, not Stallone, but I can't remember who.

Edit: Sorry, someone else already posted it was Nicholas Cage

Edited by silverhawk_usa

The movie has received some interesting reviews, with some saying it's a good 'action movie', which after all is the point of the exercise. I think it's also above but if memory serves, Nicolas Cage was said to have left at speed, during the coup period.

Regards

PS All having a collective recall moment, now where's my slippers.....

Edited by A_Traveller

The guy did most of his own stunts, fair play to a 61 year old!!!!

Sorry to disappoint you, watch the movie and you can easily see when his stunt man (a nice young lad from east europe whice I met and talked to several times during his 6 month stay in CM) is doing the stuff :-)

Edited by kash

The guy did most of his own stunts, fair play to a 61 year old!!!!

Sorry to disappoint you, watch the movie and you can easily see when his stunt man (a nice young lad from east europe whice I met and talked to several times during his 6 month stay in CM) is doing the stuff :-)

I hate correcting people, you're talking about Stani, Sly's stunt double. I worked with him for 5 months (funnily enough, on Rambo), I think I may have noticed who was doing MOST of the stunts, Stani did a lot of stand in work but not a lot of stunt work.

Hard at work stunt man!!!!

post-3761-1202923347_thumb.jpg

Edited by andyadam

i watched the movie yesterday from a downloaded bit torrent. i loved it. i grew up watching rambo. this movie is violent as hel_l and is wonderful. limbs and blood flying everywhere. it looks like the explosions are real as opposed to crappy cgi. and as fellow Thai expats here at TV we can all relate to his character in the movie :-D

edit: i want to add too that there is a scene where rambo is working at a snake farm. i think it is the same one right outside chaing mai where tourists go to see people molesting cobras.

Edited by mrt273nva

• 2 weeks later...