Sambo In Thailand

Mekong Combat Club

"Sunday, January 27, 2008"

This announcement on "Sunday, January 27, 2008" is the official beginning of Thailand's first and only dedicated Sambo Club. Mekong Combat Club is a international adventure into Sambo and is now offering classes 5 nights per week at 8pm in Khon Kaen Thailand. There are no current fees for classes and anyone interested can send a PM for contact information and directions. Minimum requirements are you must be 18 years of age and be able to pass a basic physical. Thai Nationals will need 2 copies of their ID and any foreign nationals will need 2 copies of their passport, have a valid Thai Visa, and submit to a criminal background check.

Questions and Answers,

What is Sambo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sambo_(martial_art)

Sambo (Russian: самбо) -- (also called Sombo or Cambo and sometimes written in all-caps) is a modern martial art, combat sport and self-defense system developed in the former Soviet Union, and recognized as an official sport by the USSR All-Union Sports Committee in 1938, presented by Anatoly Kharlampiev.

The word CAMBO(SAMBO) is an acronym of САМозащита Без Оружия (SAMozashchita Bez Oruzhiya) meaning "self-defense without a weapon" in Russian. Sambo has its roots in Japanese Judo and traditional folk styles of wrestling such as Armenian Koch, Georgian Chidaoba, Moldovan Trîntǎ, Uzbek Kurash, Mongolian Khapsagay and Azerbaijani Gulesh.

What Does Sambo Look Like?

Sambo Video 2

sambo_kubok_ru_t2006_f01.jpg

307.JPG

sambo_20060402_153.jpg

More Annoncements Will Follow

Edited by MekongCombat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi There

Good luck with it , I d love to do a bit of Sambo myself, some of the lads back in Ireland, mix into the MMA, grappling v important for self defense, getting time to do it all is the hard part.

If you every do class in Pattaya count me in for a few lessons, working basics on hands on martial arts, focus on the basics, over and over, certainly adds more to your self defense (my main interest in martial arts these days) tool box.

Thats great to see, up in Isan, a new system like Sambo. there is great Muay Thai clinch work up in some Isan camps too, more than I ever seen before, almost bordering on wrestling, 65kg little guys, throwing me like a rag doll, 1st 3 months of 2006 (the year spent up isan) I was on my butt on the ring floor during clinch every 30 seconds, to roaring laughter of all in camp (me only farang), after 3 months of this, no quitting, they finally started to show me some of the tricks, very interesting experience. :-)

Good Luck

Gerry

P.s. little discreet plug, we got big Tactical Krav Maga Seminar April 08 in Pattaya, Civilian Course, Military/Law Krav Maga Instructor course, & Israeli Krav Maga with Instructor from the Israeli Defense Force, teaching Civilian & Military Israeli Combat Shooting Krav Maga course.

Oh ya, before I forget TKM founder, Itay Gil who severed 9 years undercover in Yamam ( special unit anti terrorist & hostage rescue unit = lots of hands on KM experience) & now trains body guards of Israeli President will be here, so PM me for info anyone.

Hi There

Good luck with it , I d love to do a bit of Sambo myself, some of the lads back in Ireland, mix into the MMA, grappling v important for self defense, getting time to do it all is the hard part.

If you every do class in Pattaya count me in for a few lessons, working basics on hands on martial arts, focus on the basics, over and over, certainly adds more to your self defense (my main interest in martial arts these days) tool box.

Thats great to see, up in Isan, a new system like Sambo. there is great Muay Thai clinch work up in some Isan camps too, more than I ever seen before, almost bordering on wrestling, 65kg little guys, throwing me like a rag doll, 1st 3 months of 2006 (the year spent up isan) I was on my butt on the ring floor during clinch every 30 seconds, to roaring laughter of all in camp (me only farang), after 3 months of this, no quitting, they finally started to show me some of the tricks, very interesting experience. :-)

Good Luck

Gerry

P.s. little discreet plug, we got big Tactical Krav Maga Seminar April 08 in Pattaya, Civilian Course, Military/Law Krav Maga Instructor course, & Israeli Krav Maga with Instructor from the Israeli Defense Force, teaching Civilian & Military Israeli Combat Shooting Krav Maga course.

Oh ya, before I forget TKM founder, Itay Gil who severed 9 years undercover in Yamam ( special unit anti terrorist & hostage rescue unit = lots of hands on KM experience) & now trains body guards of Israeli President will be here, so PM me for info anyone.

Asian Sambo Federation is very international, http://www.sambo-asia.org/en/index.php with the Asian Championships being held in Aktyubinsk Kazakhstan, it also includes many members who are of the Muslim faith. While Im sure you have good intentions with your Martial Arts, and I personally have friends of all religious faiths, I do not have any interest in getting involved with anything related to the IDF, it is certainly no selling point for me and it is highly offensive to many people in Thailand, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, Kyrgyz Republic, Syria, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Lebanon, all member states of the Asian Sambo Federation.

Gerry, I do wish you the best with your Martial Arts and business but mixing extreme politics with extreme sports does not serve my group, or any organization I'm a member of. It also leaves me wondering that if someone chose to open a Iranian Special Forces Firearms Training Group whether they would be welcome to use this forum to promote it? Sambo, Judo, MMA, BJJ, NoGi, Boxing and Muay Thai are non political sports, everyone is welcome to be a part no matter what their country of origin or choice of religion. While our door will remain open to you and currently we have no fees for any classes, I can say for certain that Mekong Combat Club will never sponsor or get involved with anything Krav Maga or IDF.

• 5 months later...
Hi There

Good Luck

Gerry

Asian Sambo Federation is very international, http://www.sambo-asia.org/en/index.php with the Asian Championships being held in Aktyubinsk Kazakhstan, it also includes many members who are of the Muslim faith. While Im sure you have good intentions with your Martial Arts, and I personally have friends of all religious faiths, I do not have any interest in getting involved with anything related to the IDF, it is certainly no selling point for me and it is highly offensive to many people in Thailand, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan, Yemen, Kyrgyz Republic, Syria, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, and Lebanon, all member states of the Asian Sambo Federation.

Gerry, I do wish you the best with your Martial Arts and business but mixing extreme politics with extreme sports does not serve my group, or any organization I'm a member of. It also leaves me wondering that if someone chose to open a Iranian Special Forces Firearms Training Group whether they would be welcome to use this forum to promote it? Sambo, Judo, MMA, BJJ, NoGi, Boxing and Muay Thai are non political sports, everyone is welcome to be a part no matter what their country of origin or choice of religion. While our door will remain open to you and currently we have no fees for any classes, I can say for certain that Mekong Combat Club will never sponsor or get involved with anything Krav Maga or IDF.

is krav-maga politial?. I,am part arab, the teachers I had were really nice to me- what alot of nonsense!

just like

"we will check your criminal record" ha, ha, ha, pure, pointless, foolish window dressing I,am afraid.What does that ' serve your group" do yuo honestly think it works?

Hi There

Good Luck

Gerry

friend, sorry,you,re completely off the mark- maybe as part arab I can say this better.

I,ve been to many krav classes, and kapap ( simlear, indeed I think better than krav-maga, with a head teacher who is, like me, part arab) which are israeli.

They were great, kind progressive people teaching something good. Have you been to any? I doubt it. Please answer me this.

In other words- sharing their knowlegde with us. Helping the world- muslims too.

I went to sambo in tokyo- it was great. But the combat sambo was a joke- really ill suited for any real combat unlike which the israeli arts teach us.

I cannot remember if my fee included anything to the mossaad.

I suppose you making a difference betwwen jewish and non jewish israeli,s.Are you?

I do not want to appear rude, but I,d advise you stick to what you know, not make some lame politcal, and completely wrong statements.

All those peple who are deeply offended.. are you a joking, I think that the the reason that most of these obviously highly intelligent people

are offended is that israel kicks the shit of the muslim world each time it try,s to deny its right to existance. Live and let live- train, and progress

The igronance shown here will stop progress