Ups, Dhl, Fed-ex. Or Tnt Account In Bangkok

Im setting up an office in Bangkok in late february (providing I find one!)

I will be shipping express to Australia, UK, US, Europe.

Unfortunately as I have not got an office/postcode/account in Bangkok the customer service assistants are been most un helpful. They can't give me a cheaper rate and just tell me to look on their website! This would seem like procedure.

Can anyone give me an idea what rates they are paying for shipping large quantities of parcels (200+) weighing between 0.5 and 2.5kg from Bangkok?

I've also thought about setting up as a UPS (or other) agent as you see so many of them around, but Im assuming they are just offices with a UPS (or other) account number.

Most importantly I just want to get the best rates... Im currently been ripped off else where.

Im setting up an office in Bangkok in late february (providing I find one!)

I will be shipping express to Australia, UK, US, Europe.

Unfortunately as I have not got an office/postcode/account in Bangkok the customer service assistants are been most un helpful. They can't give me a cheaper rate and just tell me to look on their website! This would seem like procedure.

Can anyone give me an idea what rates they are paying for shipping large quantities of parcels (200+) weighing between 0.5 and 2.5kg from Bangkok?

I've also thought about setting up as a UPS (or other) agent as you see so many of them around, but Im assuming they are just offices with a UPS (or other) account number.

Most importantly I just want to get the best rates... Im currently been ripped off else where.

its a question ill be keen to hear the answers to as well we currently send with EMS ,when ever we have asked for DHL or Fedex for quotes they have been way higher, i find the agents in pattaya a waste of time,. it seems to be farang run or by their girlfriends that are closed for lunch from 11 to 3 ! ,you may be luckier in bkk,

I currently pay a UPS agent about the same as the EMS rate to UK, US and AUS. I use UPS as thes service is a lot quicker. Im hoping I can get cheaper rates as the quantities that Im shipping are increasing.

I do use EMS to ship to less comon destinations e.g. dubai. But it takes 7 days usually, UPS takes 3. But from bangkok only 2!

I currently pay a UPS agent about the same as the EMS rate to UK, US and AUS. I use UPS as thes service is a lot quicker. Im hoping I can get cheaper rates as the quantities that Im shipping are increasing.

I do use EMS to ship to less comon destinations e.g. dubai. But it takes 7 days usually, UPS takes 3. But from bangkok only 2!

also what we find is that EMS is the only one that dosent charge on size, the DHL / Fedex promotion boxes for 10k are of no use to us, we tend to send large light items, that is where the problem for us lies

• 2 years later...

If you ship using the Thai post, ask for SAL rate, it is slower but about 30-40% cheaper, I think it stands for Sea Air Land. I shipped a large box maybe 3 kilos for 750 baht to the UK 2-3 weeks.

Edited by Rainmon

I currently have a intl fedex account, 60% off published rates. Doing volume of 100's a packages a day. Your best bet is to contact fedex in the states and negotiate with a sales rep there. Fedex is great as they will pick up daily for you at precise times.