Low Cost But Efficiency Marketing

hi, i just setup a company , business focus on mobile 2d barcode . By scanning a code with a mobile handset's camera, 2D Code Reader instantly triggers the desired web service, eliminating the need to write long URL's using the keypad.

i'm new in doing business in thailand and i have not much budget on doing marketing, therefore anybody can give me any idea of low cost marketing solution ?

how i can get the 1st business in a short time ?

thanks

hi, i just setup a company , business focus on mobile 2d barcode . By scanning a code with a mobile handset's camera, 2D Code Reader instantly triggers the desired web service, eliminating the need to write long URL's using the keypad.

i'm new in doing business in thailand and i have not much budget on doing marketing, therefore anybody can give me any idea of low cost marketing solution ?

thanks

If this is your own idea and you see a market for it and you have not patented the idea already, you have just as of now made this idea "public domain" this means that to patent your idea COULD prove very difficult. Unless at the very least it is patent pending or you have left out some part of your idea that is critical to it's design.

If I can help you anymore please PM me.

thanks

If this is your own idea and you see a market for it and you have not patented the idea already, you have just as of now made this idea "public domain" this means that to patent your idea COULD prove very difficult. Unless at the very least it is patent pending or you have left out some part of your idea that is critical to it's design.

If I can help you anymore please PM me.

Do you read questions before you answer?

thanks

this isn't a new technology; virtually every mobile services operator knows about this and many other services on mobile phone.

Not many people browse the net on phones, as speed is terrible. Cost is high.

You have no ability to restrict people like Siam2You and so on from purchasing this concept from multiple vendors (you are certainly not the only one with this system that i know of). Most operators have malls and portals and of course these have almost all been failures.

I would suggest you sell the concept to them, and recognise that the business viability is extremely limited; at a guess less than 5% of the mobile market have any interest in web browsing using their phone (40m phones = 2m phones); of that maybe 5% would have an interest in using a barcode (goodness knows where you would display it!) instead of just typing it in...that's like 100,000 phones. Absolute max.

Revenue model based on 50% revenue share with the operator, and another 50% share to the services company, if you are selling this at say 6b per scan, you are making 1.5b per scan, and there are 100,000 phones using the service on average once per year..... that is not worth it at all.

Barcode to get games etc instead of having to enter the number...maybe hbut you still need the piece of paper.

Barcode to use in conjunction with corporates, that is starting to get interesting for marketing campaigns; buy pantene shampoo and get the game with a photo of the barcode.

BUt....I cannot see what your value add is here, since the technology is available directly to Shinee, RS etc directly.

Good luck.

Do you read questions before you answer?

Did you read my reply before you wrote yours.

I understand what they was saying, I was just trying to help and make sure if this was an original product design that he takes care of his hard work.

Whats wrong with that?

thank for the people who reply on this topic. thanks Barrella, appreciated with you response. and thank steveromagnino , all you opinion and suggest is very useful for me. i believer everything is posible, just we havent find the right way to do it. for the barcode services, the best way is free for end user, on my plan, mobile user will get free to download the software, (not charged user , free for scan,etc) beside that, the GPRS for AIS,Dtac and Truemove is 1 minutes = 1 Baht . my target user is whose advertising company, example if Toyota is my client, they will puting the 2D barcode in their newspaper advertisment, and some intruction to educate people how to download the software and how to scan the barcode . after user scan the barcode, the software will link them to a downloading wap page to download the "Toyota New Video clip" , i been testing many time, 1MB video clip only cost 1-2 min for downloading, that only cost 1-2B for the mobile user.

beside that, i also plan some activity to encourange people using my mobile 2D barcode software (free for users), example : working with client, free 500 movie ticket when user show the software on the cinema, etc.

ya. of cause i'm not the only one of mobile 2D barcode solution company in thailand, on the current stage, i happy to see other company come to this industy , because more people / activities in this industry, will more faster to educate people what is mobile 2D barcode and how to use it. for the long term , i can see is advantage . the only way i can do is provide the best services and product quality and business solution to my client. :o

Why 2D-barcode?

n The "Zero Click" Effect

By scanning a code with a mobile handset's camera, 2D Code Reader instantly triggers the desired web service, eliminating the need to write long URL's using the keypad.

n The Paper Mobile Portal

Codes can be printed on any object in the 'real world' - advertisements, packaging, products, financial instruments, garments, labels, and numerous other examples - where consumers or enterprise users can scan them, providing an instant call to action. Products and services are linked directly to relevant content on the mobile Internet, simply by scanning a code pointing to a specified URL.

Watch a movie trailer, hear a music track, check your lottery ticket, watch the news, pay bills, and much more. Codes will fast track you to anywhere in the mobile web.