Super Bowl Predictions

The Super Bowl will be played Sunday (Monday morning beginning at 6:30 a.m. for everyone in Thailand). Let's see who knows their American football. The winner gets their choice of drinks when I get back to LOS later this year.

My pick:

New England 38 New York Giants 17

NY Giants 28 New England 27

The Super Bowl will be played Sunday (Monday morning beginning at 6:30 a.m. for everyone in Thailand). Let's see who knows their American football. The winner gets their choice of drinks when I get back to LOS later this year.

My pick:

Let's see. You are a Steeler's fan and your team was beaten by the Pats so you can't bring yourself to picking the Pats or rooting for them. I am a Cowboys fan and my team was beaten by the Giants (I am finally out of denial) and I can't bring myself to picking the Giants or rooting for them. This all makes sense, but realistically, the Giants don't stand a chance.

My pick:

Let's see. You are a Steeler's fan and your team was beaten by the Pats so you can't bring yourself to picking the Pats or rooting for them. I am a Cowboys fan and my team was beaten by the Giants (I am finally out of denial) and I can't bring myself to picking the Giants or rooting for them. This all makes sense, but realistically, the Giants don't stand a chance.

Actually I'm an Indy fan, and my team didn't even get to play the Pats(auuuuugh!) Yep, the Giants probably will lose but they do have a chance to beat the Pats, as they demonstrated in the last game of the season. Anyhow, it makes the Superbowl that much more interesting. Really all most of us really want is a good competitive game that is not over at half time. It makes the popcorn and beer (at 6 am, probably coffee and pastries) taste better!

As a loyal Pats fan I have to route for my team. But as a football fan I have to say that the Giants have no chance in hel_l. I give it to the Pats 31 - 10.

Oh, and for the Steelers fans out there....I wrote a letter to the NFL demanding they pay me reperations for wasting my time with the terrible game that was Superbowl XL. Even my roomate, an avid fan of the terrible towels, thought it was a terrible game.

Anyways, I hope to see you all out for the game Monday morning sharp. It's a good year for New England sports. Either way it should be fun. If you see a drunk Irish kid from Rhode Island wearing a camo TAPOUT hat come say hi and I'll buy you round. ENJOY!

An Aussie prediction from one that knows very little about it but will be watching:- NE 21 - NY 19

Welcome BDenner. I'm not sure American football is any more exciting than Aussie Rules Football. I wish our refs were dressed in top coats and white hats...and the players wore shorts and no shoulder pads. Then we would see who was the "toughest of the tough."

That was one of the most exciting Super Bowl games ever! What a nail-biter!! I really don't like the Pats, but I thought they'd win. The Giant's defense is awesome indeed.

I hope you guys who thought the Pats would walk all over the Giants lost a lot of money. :o

That was one of the most exciting Super Bowl games ever! What a nail-biter!! I really don't like the Pats, but I thought they'd win. The Giant's defense is awesome indeed.

I hope you guys who thought the Pats would walk all over the Giants lost a lot of money. :o

I lost no money. I am a football fan not a gambler. While not the most exciting SB ever, it did rate up there with some of the other great games.

I would imagine some Pats fans are wondering what might have been if Belichick had trusted his kicker instead of going for it on 4th and 13 from the Giants 31 yard line in the mid third quarter. A 48 yard field goal is well within the range of the Pats kicker who is one of the best.

MauiGuy90 wins this year's Super Bowl prognosticator award. He is the only one who picked the Giants to win...28-27 over the Patriots. You have a round of drinks coming on me MauiGuy when we are both in LOS at the same time. Congratulations.

I thought it was a great defensive game. Bellichick almost made the call of the game when he challenged the Giants having 12 men on the field and got the Pats the ball back. Of course the play of the game was during the final drive when Eli Manning escaped being sacked and the receiver made a one handed helmet catch, then held on to the ball while falling to the ground. That play will make highlight reels around the world for a long time! The only thing that could have made the game even more dramatic would have been if the Pats managed to tie the game and go into overtime. Tremendous game!

I can't help thinking about Tiki Barber. After his retirement his classless trashing of coach Coughlin and Eli Manning. How's it feel now???????

Tiki Barber was on the "Today" show this morning and congratulated his former teammates and said Eli Manning was "awesome" on the game-winning drive. But somehow it really didn't sound very sincere.

MauiGuy90 wins this year's Super Bowl prognosticator award. He is the only one who picked the Giants to win...28-27 over the Patriots. You have a round of drinks coming on me MauiGuy when we are both in LOS at the same time. Congratulations.

I thought it was a great defensive game. Bellichick almost made the call of the game when he challenged the Giants having 12 men on the field and got the Pats the ball back. Of course the play of the game was during the final drive when Eli Manning escaped being sacked and the receiver made a one handed helmet catch, then held on to the ball while falling to the ground. That play will make highlight reels around the world for a long time! The only thing that could have made the game even more dramatic would have been if the Pats managed to tie the game and go into overtime. Tremendous game!

I was very surprised to see the Giants' defensive line push around the Patriots' offensive line like they did. The Giants just outplayed New England and Eli Manning was clutch in the fourth quarter on those two touchdown drives.

I still cannot believe that incredible play on the Giants final scoring drive. Somehow Manning escapes the clutches of at least three Pats rushers, nearly gets his shirt ripped off, gets a little breathing room then heaves the ball downfield, Tyree catches it against his helmet, is hit, somehow manages to hold on to the ball as he falls with his arms outstretched above his head and the ball never touches the ground and he finally hauls it in.

One of the mosy exciting plays I've ever seen in the NFL (this from a neutral observer).

I can't help thinking about Tiki Barber. After his retirement his classless trashing of coach Coughlin and Eli Manning. How's it feel now???????

Tiki Barber was on the "Today" show this morning and congratulated his former teammates and said Eli Manning was "awesome" on the game-winning drive. But somehow it really didn't sound very sincere.

LOL He's kicking himself now. Why did I retire, why????