Movies

jltheart

you can buy a DVD9 copy of farenheit 911 ( or was that the 11/9 :o ) from panthip or fortune for 180 baht.

it is a movie that is worth watching. I think the most interesting part was the questions about the thousands of disinfranchised voters.

I have not seen those other documentries....um...pearl harbour, saving private ryan, blackhawk down, desert storm...etc etc

:D

er... jltheart

I found this back on page 8

DVD9 copies at panthip or fortune.....they treat you better at fortune as they don't get as many falaengs there buying DVDs

:D

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are one to talk about mindlessness. You don't even know where to find a DVD that is sold all over BKK and get angry over political discussion about a political movie.

I understand you have nothing significant to say, otherwise you wouldn't resort to personal insults. If you don't like discussion, then don't start threads, you jackass.

Who gives a shit, what you do with "your" thread. Why don't you close it, so that you can say you've done something important in your life.

Go easy on him Kat, he is from Texas after all. :D:o

You are one to talk about mindlessness.  You don't even know where to find a DVD that is sold all over BKK and get angry over political discussion about a political movie.

I understand you have nothing significant to say, otherwise you wouldn't resort to personal insults.  If you don't like discussion, then don't start threads, you jackass.

Who gives a shit, what you do with "your" thread.  Why don't you close it, so that you can say you've done something important in your life.

Go easy on him Kat, he is from Texas after all. :D:D

Hey! Don't mess with Texas & Michael Moore is a big fat idiot! :o

ok, look, you guys have gotten my attention with this 9/11 "conspiracy" theory.

But let me continue to play devil's advocate:

to paraphrase the words : "... 50% of all New Yorkers believe Bush was involved with 9/11 ... " is vague. The wording that is used is imprecise, and doesn't exactly mean that 50% of New Yorkers believe Bush ordered the attack.

The guy who is the major advocate of this theory, is also the lawyer for the families of 9/11 in a class action suit. In addition, he wrote the college thesis about how a Pearl harbor style attack could be used to start a dictatorship in the U.S., thereby giving him two major self-interested reasons on why it would be in his favor to promote this theory. NO. 1 - if he is successful, his class action suit can be more successful in acquiring a lot of money, but most of all, a lot more people; No. 2 - his class thesis shows that he was preoccupied with this concept a long time ago, and therefore could easily theorize a SIMILIAR current scenario to be the SAME scenario he theorized about in a college thesis. He calls more attention to himself and the suit, and confirms his idea of himself as a supergenius on a concept that has obviously beguiled him way before 9/11. Ergo, his conspiracy thesis becomes today's conspiracy theory.

I'm not saying Bush and the team were not manipulative and corrupt in how they shifted gears on 9.11, and issued forth policies like the Patriot's Act without a sinister edge, but that is still a long way from "ordering" the attacks.

The guy who is the major advocate of this theory, is also the lawyer for the families of 9/11 in a class action suit.

Your 'devil's advocate' post is fill w / erroneous statements. I'll comment on just one.

There is more than one 'main advocate" of the idea that Al Qaeda was not behind the WTC / Pentagon attacks. The families and the attorney you mention are only one of many people who question the official story.

Have you taken a good long hard look at Serendipity?

If not, me thinks you should w / hold comment because you don't have a clue.

I continue to find it amazing that so many have been fooled for so long.

OMT: Doesn't it suggest something to you that such a large number of those closest to "Ground Zero" think something is amiss? Over 66% of those surveyed in NY want a new private investigation to answer the 400 questions submitted by victims families to the official 9/11 Commission that were not answered.

If a foreign entity was responsible for 911, why didn't the Commission answer the questions given to it by those who suffered the most fromt attack - those who lost family members?

I haven't bothered reading all this thread, as the subject does not interest me (basically non-Thai related) but a comment on the two posts just above this :

I was working in Libya at the time of 9/11 and at the NOC clinic (National Oil Company) in Tripoli the Palestinian ward staff were dancing in the corridors, shouting and laughing.

I was working for akorean company and we had to share a TV. For once the few Brits on the staff (all five of us) got to the TV first, by skipping the evening meal. Watched CNN for about ten minutes before the Koreans came in and demanded that they be able to watch their (Korean language) taped movies. Couldn't care less about what was happening in NYC.

For the next couple of years I was in Saudi / Abu Dhabi. Worked with a lot of Palestinians. To a man they all believed that the attack was the work of the Israelis, because 'there were no Jews in the buildings'. I constantly pointed out that this was incorrect, there were many Jewish casualties; the answer 'Oh, maybe they were jewish, but they weren't Zionists, so they were not warned'. I understand from friends still working in the Middle East that this is regarded as an absolute truth by a majority of the population now.

hi'

If a foreign entity was responsible for 911, why didn't the Commission answer the questions given to it by those who suffered the most fromt attack - those who lost family members?

good question ...

the report had been cut off for a few things that might be interesting to know, or so we have been told that it was not a full report/investigation ... :o

the main question is why is it so?

government cover-up?

it happens so many times all over the world ... just like if "they" think, "they don't need to know this or that" :D

they take us for stupid may be :D

francois

For you reality avoiders, give us one, just one shred of evidence that Al Qaeda /  bin Laden was involved in 9/11.

Just one.

How about Bin Lauden stating that he planned it and was both pleased and surprised with the results. Also stating that he had expected the floors above the fires to fall because of the heat weakened steel but was pleasantly surprised that the rest of the building fell. :o

:D Coffee!!! :D

Answer the question.  You're bored with one of the most important events in recent world history that was the start of a 'war that will not end in our lifetimes?"

The war started long before 9/11. Only there wasn't much fighting back. If this war was to continue to be fought on a defense posture. 9/11 would have been know in history as the "Bitch Slap Heard 'Round the World". Sorry, I can't accept bitch slaps.

:o Coffee!!! :D

Answer the question.  You're bored with one of the most important events in recent world history that was the start of a 'war that will not end in our lifetimes?"

The war started long before 9/11. Only there wasn't much fighting back. If this war was to continue to be fought on a defense posture. 9/11 would have been know in history as the "Bitch Slap Heard 'Round the World". Sorry, I can't accept bitch slaps.

who can accept that?? I remember that day like it was yesterday and i remember the taliban coming on TV saying Osama Bin Laden is not in our country if he wasn't why come on TV and say it???

President Bush didn't accept the bitch slap either :D But Mr. Kerry is he's thinking of bringing all troops home his first year in office That would be a BIG mistake.

President Bush didn't accept the bitch slap either  :D 

:D:D

i would like to know the reaction in iran when we invaded iraq Oh <deleted> must have been the saying from their leader People here in the states think that's where we are going next if Pres Bush is elected again.

all i have to say it's been a long time coming 9/11 made it come alot faster terrorism been here for many years and the world was sleeping and just let it happen well no more and i say good riddance to it.

Except you won't get rid of it by fighting fire with fire, responding to a 'bitch slap' with burning down the house.

well mr stroll how do you respond to it then Please enliten us with your answer i have been hearing from so called terrorist experts in the states and i have not heard anythng from them on how to stop this scourge on the world

300 plus children die in russia what do u do about that talk to these terrorists that want to be heard but don't want to sit and talk about their problems another american beheaded in iraq because they wanted to have women prisoners taken out of the abu gharib prison in iraq? did you see the video that man was sobbing because he knew he was going to die.

So do we have peace negotiations with these people when all they know is destruction!!! like donald rumsfeld said "if these people want to see allah we can help them out to the best of our abilities"

Well, an in depth exploration of these issues sits better in a political forum.

Do atrocities committed by one side justify an equal or worse response?

It is just going to escalate further, and no, I am afraid I don't have the solution either. But I do believe the more powerful, resourceful and (according to his own understanding) civilised opponent in a conflict has the responsibility to deescalate and not to polarise the conflict further.

Except you won't get rid of it by fighting fire with fire, responding to a 'bitch slap' with burning down the house.

well mr stroll how do you respond to it then Please enliten us with your answer i have been hearing from so called terrorist experts in the states and i have not heard anythng from them on how to stop this scourge on the world

300 plus children die in russia what do u do about that talk to these terrorists that want to be heard but don't want to sit and talk about their problems another american beheaded in iraq because they wanted to have women prisoners taken out of the abu gharib prison in iraq? did you see the video that man was sobbing because he knew he was going to die.

So do we have peace negotiations with these people when all they know is destruction!!! like donald rumsfeld said "if these people want to see allah we can help them out to the best of our abilities"

Mr Stroll Fighting fire with fire is a very valid and accepted way of diminishing the damage done by fire. There IS damage done and losses occur because you start a fire...BUT... the wildfire is soon brought under control and last a much shorter time as it's fuel source (people seeking power without consequences to themselves) is used up.

A man died for something that didn't exist. There are no women prisoners in either of the prisons that the demands were levied against. (sorry for the preposition at the end.)

This has nothing to do with Islam. I have read the Qur'an and that ain't what it says. The best I can determine from the Qur'an is Allah isn't where these folks are going.

http://www.divineislam.co.uk/DivineIslam/Quran/iqra.php it's in Arabi, English, Indonesian, French, and German if you want or care to know.

It is just going to escalate further, and no, I am afraid I don't have the solution either. But I do believe the more powerful, resourceful and (according to his own understanding) civilised opponent in a conflict has the responsibility to deescalate and not to polarise the conflict further.

but do you just sit by and let them hit you again and again and again??? We know how these people operate IMHO the gloves are off and that's it now!!!! an eye for an eye. For heaven's sake their killing muslims now their own people!!!

I'm tired of all these lunatic regimes in the world I was tired of them before 9/11 fear and terror are not the way but they even teach and recruit children to fight in their sadastic jihad. So that means they don't know love at all.

War is ###### killing human beings is terrible but if one side knows only that then how to you speak to them peacefully???

For you reality avoiders, give us one, just one shred of evidence that Al Qaeda /  bin Laden was involved in 9/11.

Just one.

How about Bin Lauden stating that he planned it and was both pleased and surprised with the results. Also stating that he had expected the floors above the fires to fall because of the heat weakened steel but was pleasantly surprised that the rest of the building fell. :o

:D Coffee!!! :D

please include a link to that taped interview?

The one that was thrown about on the internet was proven fake by many sides of the political spectrum. Bin Laden also was taped on an Arab television station saying he promised Allah he had nothing to do with it. I dont have a link to mine, but would love to see yours.

You didnt see him do it did you?

why did the government fly the family of Bin Laden out of the US within 24 hours of the attacks? As an FBI guy said on 20/20?, they would be the first people we would of have liked to interview - interrogation 101.

try a herbal tea. :D

but do you just sit by and let them hit you again and again and again??? We know how these people operate IMHO the gloves are off and that's it now!!!! an eye for an eye. For heaven's sake their killing muslims now their own people!!!

I'm tired of all these lunatic regimes in the world I was tired of them before 9/11 fear and terror are not the way but they even teach and recruit children to fight in their sadastic jihad. So that means they don't know love at all.

War is ###### killing human beings is terrible but if one side knows only that then how to you speak to them peacefully???

They have not hit you again and again - have they?

your bombs have killed 100 plus civillians this week, many kids and women.

The gloves are off? well that will scare them. While you are taking your gloves off, they will be killing you on their soil.

Lunatic regimes? hmmm.

They teach children to fight for something, a little bit like you going to the poor areas in the US and recruiting the underprivlidged. They are being used for cannon fodder for gain for the wealthy few.

You are now running out of soldiers and what comes next? "son, you cant go to college yet as you have been drafted to go to war - if you dont go, you will be punished" Lunatic Regime?

War is ######, you guys walked into ######, ###### didnt come to you.

Many people were fed up with U.S. international politics before 9/11 and argue that you cannot negotiate openly and peacefully with a country which enforces its interest with all availablr means, legitimate or not:

- politically by bullying tactics,

- by military threads and actual intervention,

-by fostering bribery and corruption,

-by disposing or replacing non-compliant individuals or entire governments through acts of terrorism openly or through the secret services,

-by economic and cultural invasion

- etc. etc.

I am not saying the U.S. were or are the only nation doing this, and I don't want to get into a discussion about the rights or wrongs, but the point is:

The other side see you as being just as evil as you describe them. And they draw justification from what you do for their actions. They also cry out 'an eye for an eye'.

Just what makes you claim the highground here?

Sorry, we have very different opinions on this.

Yeah, let's all just go hide our heads in the sand, sing Mary Poppins songs and watch the cute little unicorns playing in the field while the Islamofascists kill some more innocents!

Get a grip... :o

release the grip and the blood will slowly go back to where it is needed. :D

They teach children to fight for something, a little bit like you going to the poor areas in the US and recruiting the underprivlidged. They are being used for cannon fodder for gain for the wealthy few.

Your apples to oranges comparison is so illogical and nonsensical that it hardly warrants a reply ...

The psycho wackos preaching and spreading violence to children and paying off families of s*icide b*mbers are completely and entirely different from an all-volunteer military in which legal age adults make their own decisions about their own future.

There is no disputing this fact, or the fact that your perspective of the US military seems to be lost somewhere in the 60's.

There are two ways to change things, through revolution or evolution. Either one can be bloody or not, and (IMHO) it is only a very small minority of the world who believe that the bloody solution is the better solution. As a whole, the US government and the US military are not among them.

On the other hand, there are many psycho wacko extremist groups whose sole purpose in life is to cause and spread violence. Whether you choose to believe it or not, doesn't change the fact of the matter. IMHO, it is also a fact that they are doomed to failure precisely because of these methods.

Seems like you have two choices, continue to live in a clouded world of fiction or try getting a grip on reality.

On the other hand, there are many psycho wacko extremist groups whose sole purpose in life is to cause and spread violence. Whether you choose to believe it or not, doesn't change the fact of the matter. IMHO, it is also a fact that they are doomed to failure precisely because of these methods.

Wise words, I agree.

The wacko extremists Bush and his puppetmasters are doomed to fail.

Your apples to oranges comparison is so illogical and nonsensical that it hardly warrants a reply ...

The psycho wackos preaching and spreading violence to children and paying off families of s*icide b*mbers are completely and entirely different from an all-volunteer military in which legal age adults make their own decisions about their own future.

There is no disputing this fact, or the fact that your perspective of the US military seems to be lost somewhere in the 60's.

There are two ways to change things, through revolution or evolution. Either one can be bloody or not, and (IMHO) it is only a very small minority of the world who believe that the bloody solution is the better solution. As a whole, the US government and the US military are not among them.

Seems like you have two choices, continue to live in a clouded world of fiction or try getting a grip on reality.

it made sense to me - let me break it down for ya, my nigger :o

You go to the poor/uneductated areas and recruit soldiers. You then promise them whatever they want to hear and then two days later they are on the bus. That is a fact! A lot of these guys never wanted to go to war, they enlisted because it would give them a better start in life, be it a college degree, some leadership skills or just to be part of something.

To say they are/were volunteers for immenent war, would be naive.

I met with a few of the Thaivisa members the other week, with my yank mate in Bangkok, he was one of those I have been talking about, ended up in Africa and South America doing the dirty work for pocket liners - he has since served his time and left the US.

psycho wackos? hmmm... ok. I would call it using whatever means possible, when your backs against the wall, you use whatever you have available to do the most damage. Think about the situations these people are in: families killed by your military, homelessness because of your bombs or they are defending their ground and yes there are a few jihad boys as well.

Kamakai pilots were called heros in their country as these are in Iraq.

What would you do in their place?

There is two ways to change things, through diplomacy or by force. Evolution takes too long! The former is always the best policy and the latter is when your at the end and theres has been no ground gained. You would then use the same process again if no one has/is being harmed from either party, talk and talk some more. The USA is/was after blood, but that was a front for greed. The USA military does believe in a bloody battle, hence the 10,000 deaths to civilians.

Do not try and tell me that they were all terrorists and they were sighted, seen and scalped, because that would be like saying all of your friendly fire deaths would also be on purpose. Yes casualties of war, that could be used as an excuse as well, but when you bomb a country indiscrimanently (the same as 1000 suicide bombs :D ), you kill everyone. So dont try and make me look a fool on war as I am a recent discharge and Im guessing your not :D

Regarding your 60's jibe, well I wouldnt have a clue as I wasnt born until the latter part of them and if you can remember that far back, maybe your living in the wrong time and in this "loaded shotgun" time, the world needs to be a lot more flexible in its values and traditions.

Seems like you have two choices: get your boots on as the draft is coming or keep living in another country other than your own.