Tax Receipts

chevykanteve

Why is it so difficult to get a tax receipt (biset passee) from medium-size Bangkok retail stores? I mean, the owners of these stores were the same people who complained that Thaksin didn't pay taxes, right? And anyone who makes more than 10,000 baht per-month in Thailand must pay taxes, right?

Why is it so difficult to get a tax receipt (biset passee) from medium-size Bangkok retail stores? I mean, the owners of these stores were the same people who complained that Thaksin didn't pay taxes, right? And anyone who makes more than 10,000 baht per-month in Thailand must pay taxes, right?

I've heard some of my friends complain about the issue. It may have something to do with the business not being registered for VAT.

If you asked this in the SME business forum you might get a better answer than here.

I had to take a business trip to Bangkok and was told by my employer (the government) to get receipts for all expenses, for reimbursement. What a joke.

I had to travel by taxi a dozen times or so, and tried four different taxi companies, none of whose drivers would issue me a receipt. I finally called a taxi company headquarters direct by phone and asked why, in a cosmopolitan national capitol city of 9 million people, didn't any taxi companies issue receipts, especially where international business people travel every day? Just stunned silence (first them, then me).

Two results of that trip: First, I'm reminded again that I'm not in a developed country. Don't even know if it's "developing." Maybe "regressing" could be the result if things don't change. Secondly, no more trips for the "boss" unless he gives me a wad of cash up front that doesn't have to be accounted for. (Yeah, fat chance. )

For to open an Tax-Invoice, the company need to have been registered with the Revenue Department for VAT. They need to issue the Invoice to an Customer with Thai Address while the complete address must be included or for Foreigner by inserting the Passport No. and issue of the special Refund Document.

Many of the small shops didn't signup for VAT because if they don't they are more difficult to controlled by the Government.

It's a part of the international played "TAX Game" while nobody like to pay any Tax.

If you need an Taxinvoice, you should ask in the shop before you buy anything that they could issue that invoice.

Cheers.

If you merely need a receipt, ask for a "cash reciept". By doing this the business/store do not need to get your name and business address. If you need an official or tax receipt, you are required to provide them your name, address and company's VAT registration number. Hope this info is helpful :o

I had to take a business trip to Bangkok and was told by my employer (the government) to get receipts for all expenses, for reimbursement. What a joke.

I had to travel by taxi a dozen times or so, and tried four different taxi companies, none of whose drivers would issue me a receipt. I finally called a taxi company headquarters direct by phone and asked why, in a cosmopolitan national capitol city of 9 million people, didn't any taxi companies issue receipts, especially where international business people travel every day? Just stunned silence (first them, then me).

Two results of that trip: First, I'm reminded again that I'm not in a developed country. Don't even know if it's "developing." Maybe "regressing" could be the result if things don't change. Secondly, no more trips for the "boss" unless he gives me a wad of cash up front that doesn't have to be accounted for. (Yeah, fat chance. )

Really? I approve something like 50 expense reports a week. Many have taxi receipts from Bangkok Taxis.

TH

Really? I approve something like 50 expense reports a week. Many have taxi receipts from Bangkok Taxis.

TH

I'd love to know what taxi companies (color of cab is most useful for ID). I struck out 100% in asking cabbies for "bai-sets!" I even had a Thai friend with me to translate if the driver didn't "get it" from my passable Thai language.

Well, to be honest I don't require the employees to put what color the taxi is on the reciepts. :o

TH

Well, now you have your mission agent 007! To be performed for a worthy ThaiVisa member! :D

(Just tell them you'll disallow their taxi receipts unless they supply the taxi color, due to a new accounting rule. It fits perfectly within Thai bureaucratic rationale.)

Well, to be honest I don't require the employees to put what color the taxi is on the reciepts. :o

TH

Well, now you have your mission agent 007! To be performed for a worthy ThaiVisa member! :D

(Just tell them you'll disallow their taxi receipts unless they supply the taxi color, due to a new accounting rule. It fits perfectly within Thai bureaucratic rationale.)

Well, this is turning into a regular "who gives a Sh%t" thread....

TH

R-i-i-i-i-g-h-t!! :o