List Of Worst Eateries In Bangkok

CarlBkk

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Subway is bad, but youve never truly tried a disgusting sandwich until youve been to "New York Deli" in Silom.

Whilst waiting in anticipation for my cheese and ham sarny, the Chef as i will politely call him decided it would be a good idea to put it in the microwave for 30 seconds.

Out came what was truly the most vile tasteless sandwich imagineable with rubbery fatty ham, tasteless cheese running out the sides and 1 leaf of lettuce that had a great big undigestable stork running through it, the bread may have been nice at one stage in its existance but now it was warm and moist was truly vile, all this was finished off with gallons of mayo.

If anyone knows where you can buy a decent sandwich in BKK please let me know.

Whoever said the Molly Malones sells good food needs their taste buds testing, big servings but awful.

<snip>

I agree about Sunrise needing a location in Silom though. I would love to be able to eat Sunrise 24h without having to suffer through going to suhkumvit.

Me too. I hardly ever go to Sukhumvit area but I am in Silom almost every day.

Seconded as awful:

Landmark Hotel (interesting people watching, over-priced very mediocre food)

O'Reileys (new menu has even less edible food, more expensive)

Patty's Fiesta (why microwave a quesadilla, why?!)

Subway (the place near villa on suk even smells bad)

Pizza Hut (no idea what is on the 'pizza' but it can't be called cheese)

Surprised to see no mentions of:

The Robin Hood, bad food, big prices and bad service

Zanzibar, the worst service ever and while it's got atmosphere, the drinks are tiny and awful (don't put it on the cocktails menu if nobody has a clue how to make it.) and for a restaurant that is trying to cater to foreigners, somebody should try to understand the words, "not spicy." The waiter and manager were beyond rude when I told them I wanted something else while not even entertaining the notion of getting my firey dinner taken off the bill.

Sizzler, the food is beyond boring and still manages to make me feel sick afterwards

There are a lot of foreign run places that are pricey but manage to make consistently good food. I am becoming more willing to pay the price for food that will be cooked well and service that tries to make customers happy.

Seconded as awful:

Landmark Hotel (interesting people watching, over-priced very mediocre food)

O'Reileys (new menu has even less edible food, more expensive)

Patty's Fiesta (why microwave a quesadilla, why?!)

Subway (the place near villa on suk even smells bad)

Pizza Hut (no idea what is on the 'pizza' but it can't be called cheese)

Surprised to see no mentions of:

The Robin Hood, bad food, big prices and bad service I've had some decent grub in there; have to agree about the prices though.

Zanzibar, the worst service ever and while it's got atmosphere, the drinks are tiny and awful (don't put it on the cocktails menu if nobody has a clue how to make it.) and for a restaurant that is trying to cater to foreigners, somebody should try to understand the words, "not spicy." The waiter and manager were beyond rude when I told them I wanted something else while not even entertaining the notion of getting my firey dinner taken off the bill.

Sizzler, the food is beyond boring and still manages to make me feel sick afterwards

There are a lot of foreign run places that are pricey but manage to make consistently good food. I am becoming more willing to pay the price for food that will be cooked well and service that tries to make customers happy.

Balee Laos on Sukhumvit soi 16. Very nice place with good drinks but the food is disgusting and waaaaay overpriced.

Anyway, very nice place to sit and listen VERY good music and just chill out. Beware of mosquitos.

Foodland "restaurant" on soi 16 is very very bad also.

Suda-restaurant on Asok, really bad "thai"food. Recommended by lonely planet (surprise :o )

Whole market-area on Ratchadapisek-road at Asok, next to Kasikorn Bank near Benjakitti park. Only "ta-laat" in Thailand where I've had food that I can't eat 'cause the taste is so awful.

Chesters

Santas Burger's.

Pastas at Pizza Company

Agreed about Zanzibar but for the opposite reasons - I found the food tasteless, bland and overpriced. Seems you pay for the atmosphere there, which would be good if they served some proper Thai food with a bit of kick to it, not this touristy rubbish.

Had dinner at the Dubliner the other day. Was passable, but no way near worth the huge price tag. That's put it on my "avoid" list for sure.

Another place that can only be contemplated if extremely drunk is the Offshore on Sukhumvit Soi 23. Very bad attempt at a British style fish and chip shop.

Sandwiches at the Landmark cafe AVOID AVOID AVOID

Burgers at Santas AVOID AVOID AVOID

Fish and other crap these peasants serve at the Offshore on Sukhumvit AVOID big time and... it's so filthy and sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo smelly, one can barely breathe in there!

AND the service at JOOLS Sukhumvit 4 is the worst. Never again!!!!

Edited by cafes

Another place that can only be contemplated if extremely drunk is the Offshore on Sukhumvit Soi 23. Very bad attempt at a British style fish and chip shop.

Agree with that, the last time I ate there 3 or 4 months back, I was as sick as a dog, and I can honestly say it wasn't anything to do with the beer, as I'd only had a couple of bottles.

As for comments about the Robin Hood, think It's pretty okay in there, although a little bit pricey, and I never noticed that the service is bad, in fact normally very good. The food in the Bullshead is probably better value.

Other places in that area which are pretty good IMO are The Office, although the food comes from Mojo's. Livingstones food isn't too bad either.

Bassilico Soi 33, Coco's for Indian food (Novotel Soi 33) and Tenderloins.

• 1 year later...

I have to say the worst food and service currently has to be the Australian Pub in Soi 11. They have this huge outdoor B-B-Q at the front, and the idea of having some sausages cooked on a big grill like that quite appealed to me. What returned to my table was a long way short of my expectations. Firstly the food was not cooked on the big open grill, it was cooked somewhere else in the restaurant. How anyone can claim to selling Australian food and not be able to plate up 2 B-B-Q sausages is beyond me. Not only were they not properly cooked, the sausages actually tasted off.

After I politely pointed this out to a rather indifferent waitress, she mumbled something and left the plate in front of me. This brings me to the second point they don't have the worst service in all of Bangkok, then they can take the prize of the most indifferent staff. Having a foul taste in my mouth, I had to flag down a waitress to get me another drink. From memory I was drinking beer that was 220 Baht a bottle.

Finally I asked the waitress about 20 minutes later to remove the plate as I did not like the smell. She then told me that she wanted to get her boss to hear my complaint. Thinking my blood was about to boil I gently moved the plate onto a spare table and asked for the bill. To think that I would wait for more than 20 minutes for the boss to listen to my complaint I could not believe, particularly as there seemed to be plenty of staff standing around and talking or surfing the internet in the back corner.

In summary, the two foul sausages were about 340 Baht and a few beers, maybe 2 before and 1 after comes to about 1,000 for 3 beers and two sausages. In my mind price-wise and value-wise that makes the Suatralian Pub in Soi 11, about the worst value if not in all of Thailand then probably South East Asia.

They really didn't have the poor excuse of "Oh sorry, we can't cook this" or "No that grill is not operating" this was because of the soft opening. Mind you, with minimal service and food, they were happy to take the full price for the food. So I decided again a few days after their formal or Hard opening to see what the place was really like. Well, I cannot say I would ever bother wasting my time there again.

I then think like this:

Its Expensive.

The staff are indifferent and self posessed.

The food is not all that good.

By the way, the number one attraction for MK is the sauce. Dip anything in that and it will taste good, and it certainly won’t be bland.

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't agree. Even with the sauce, and the peppers, it's still bland. Their sauce is weak.

I agree about Sunrise needing a location in Silom though. I would love to be able to eat Sunrise 24h without having to suffer through going to suhkumvit.

I will side with you on MK. Good food should not leave you bloated and drowsy afterwards. Even my Thai girl felt it was

mai aroi.

I have to say the worst food and service currently has to be the Australian Pub in Soi 11. They have this huge outdoor B-B-Q at the front, and the idea of having some sausages cooked on a big grill like that quite appealed to me. What returned to my table was a long way short of my expectations. Firstly the food was not cooked on the big open grill, it was cooked somewhere else in the restaurant. How anyone can claim to selling Australian food and not be able to plate up 2 B-B-Q sausages is beyond me. Not only were they not properly cooked, the sausages actually tasted off.

After I politely pointed this out to a rather indifferent waitress, she mumbled something and left the plate in front of me. This brings me to the second point they don't have the worst service in all of Bangkok, then they can take the prize of the most indifferent staff. Having a foul taste in my mouth, I had to flag down a waitress to get me another drink. From memory I was drinking beer that was 220 Baht a bottle.

Finally I asked the waitress about 20 minutes later to remove the plate as I did not like the smell. She then told me that she wanted to get her boss to hear my complaint. Thinking my blood was about to boil I gently moved the plate onto a spare table and asked for the bill. To think that I would wait for more than 20 minutes for the boss to listen to my complaint I could not believe, particularly as there seemed to be plenty of staff standing around and talking or surfing the internet in the back corner.

In summary, the two foul sausages were about 340 Baht and a few beers, maybe 2 before and 1 after comes to about 1,000 for 3 beers and two sausages. In my mind price-wise and value-wise that makes the Suatralian Pub in Soi 11, about the worst value if not in all of Thailand then probably South East Asia.

They really didn't have the poor excuse of "Oh sorry, we can't cook this" or "No that grill is not operating" this was because of the soft opening. Mind you, with minimal service and food, they were happy to take the full price for the food. So I decided again a few days after their formal or Hard opening to see what the place was really like. Well, I cannot say I would ever bother wasting my time there again.

I then think like this:

Its Expensive.

Run don't walk away from this place and never look back! Thanks for the heads up.

I like the Tapas place on suk11, the choice of ham is especially good

Has everybody forgot about the forum rules :) .If Rolipies Post got closed what about this 1.Many places go Bankrupt now because of this post..hehehe

Know what you mean :D

But this thread has lots of good info

Love to see the downfall of Tony Romas in particular, my worst most miserable food experience in bangkok...daylight robbery it was

Has everybody forgot about the forum rules :D .If Rolipies Post got closed what about this 1.Many places go Bankrupt now because of this post..hehehe

Know what you mean :D

But this thread has lots of good info

Love to see the downfall of Tony Romas in particular, my worst most miserable food experience in bangkok...daylight robbery it was

Yeah,lots of good info here... :D Thanks 2 all of you 4 that! :)

Hard Rock Cafe - Siam.

A couple of months back, shopping in siam, decided on a whim to check it out. Upon entering the door my girlfriend was asked to open her handbag for inspection by the door security. Two or three security gurillas on the door. &lt;deleted&gt;? What did they think she had in there?

Anyway walked upstairs to the dinning area and had probably the worst over priced steak in my entire life. It was like old leather. Expensive old leather. Staff were Rude. Bad food. Tacky Americana atmosphere.

The best part about it was leaving.

I then think like this:

Its Expensive.

Maybe you should stick to macdonalds seems like thats all ya tastes buds can handle?

While its nice to have informative threads, it seems to me that some members have gone a tad too far in their "reviews"

Given Thailand's strict criminal defamation laws

//CLOSED//