Tourist Visa For My Thai Bride

I am married to a Thai for four years. She's been to the States six times or so but doesn't really like it. She came to the States on a marrage visa and recieved a two year green card which has since expired. I am living in Thailand but don't want to go through the hassles of another marriage visa. She basicly has no assets to speak of so the assumption of a clear need to return to Thailand would not excist in the eyes of the Embassy. She has deminstrated a history of returning on her own though. The purpose is to travel back and forth with me while I work on short term projects less then six months at a time.

With this in mind do you think a tourist visa is something that the embassy would approve? I do understand that this would only be an opinion.

Thanks in advance.

I am married to a Thai for four years. She's been to the States six times or so but doesn't really like it. She came to the States on a marrage visa and recieved a two year green card which has since expired. I am living in Thailand but don't want to go through the hassles of another marriage visa. She basicly has no assets to speak of so the assumption of a clear need to return to Thailand would not excist in the eyes of the Embassy. She has deminstrated a history of returning on her own though. The purpose is to travel back and forth with me while I work on short term projects less then six months at a time.

With this in mind do you think a tourist visa is something that the embassy would approve? I do understand that this would only be an opinion.

Thanks in advance.

Since she already had her greencard before, I would think that it would not be a problem for her to get a 10 year tourist visa. I know of people that had green cards before, turned them in and then later got tourist visas without problems.

The way they will look at it is that if she wanted to live in the US, she could have already. Plus since you are living in Thailand, and have no plans to live in the US, she should be using a tourist visa not a greencard because the greencard is for people living in the US, not for those that just want to come visit occasionally.