Vaccination Costs

omgodess21

Hi, I'm from Australia & will be visiting Thailand in April for 3 weeks, and will be travelling to bangkok, chiang mai & phuket. I have heard that getting all your shots can be quite expensive here in Oz, does anyone know if there are any shots I could take once I arrive in Thailand that activate straight away? I know vaccinations are much cheaper over there, but some vacinations probably require some time to kick in right? I will most likely try and get only the most important ones done like - Hep A & B, Typhoid, Malaria. I might skip Rabies, since I wont be getting too close to animals anyway, or unless the doctor strongly advises I should get it. I have to look into the bird flu shot aswell. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts please let me know :o

Hi, I'm from Australia & will be visiting Thailand in April for 3 weeks, and will be travelling to bangkok, chiang mai & phuket. I have heard that getting all your shots can be quite expensive here in Oz, does anyone know if there are any shots I could take once I arrive in Thailand that activate straight away? I know vaccinations are much cheaper over there, but some vacinations probably require some time to kick in right? I will most likely try and get only the most important ones done like - Hep A & B, Typhoid, Malaria. I might skip Rabies, since I wont be getting too close to animals anyway, or unless the doctor strongly advises I should get it. I have to look into the bird flu shot aswell. Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts please let me know :o

Very cheap if you get it from a reliable and internationally recognized non-profit organization, such as one under the Red Cross.

However, the last time I posted the link to this organization's website to help someone else like you, a moderator on this forum deleted the link as it is apparently against forum rules I guess. Just try to surf until you find the website or something, but it's not easy.

So anyway, here is the price list from that non-profit organization: (just to give you a ballpark figure as you canvass the different clinics)

Hepatitis A vaccine 1100 baht

Hepatitis B vaccine 360 baht

Oral cholera vaccine 550 baht

Oral polio vaccine 80 baht

** Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine 4000 baht

Polio vaccine (injection)

Diphtheria-tetanus(TD) vaccine 80 baht

Tetanus toxoid(TT) vaccine 30 baht

Influenza vaccine 400 baht

Pneumococcal vaccine 1200 baht

Japanese encephalitis vaccine(GPO) 200 baht

Japanese encephalitis vaccine(Biken) 520 baht

Meningococcal vaccine 850 baht

Mumps,measles,rubella vaccine(MMR) 200 baht

Typhoid vaccine 305 baht

Varicella vaccine 1200 baht

Yellow fever vaccine

(with International Certificates of Vaccination) 700 baht

Malaria chemoprophylaxis for travelers

-Mefloquine (once weekly) 30 baht/tablet

-Doxycycline (daily dose) 3 baht/tablet

*Note: I'm not in any way connected to the Red Cross... except that I got my own vaccines there! :D