Where My Thai Gf Can Make A Thai Passport In Isaan ?

fredbkk

think you need to go bangkok. my wifes from surin when we needed to get passport a couple of years ago we went to bangkok. quite easy went in the first day with all the paperwork and went back the third day in the morning to pick up the passport. not sure about local offices we were going to bangkok any way thats why we optied to do it there.

Hi,

My thai girl friend need to get a passport to travel. Is there is any office to do it in Isaan. We live in the north of Khorat to chayamphoom. Where is the closest office? Any adresse or number phone please?

Thanks ! :o

One possibility is Khon Kaen. There is a passport office in the area of government buildings behind the bus station. My wife got a passport there but I have forgotten the street address.

Not even maybe, there is a passport office in Khon Kaen. My wife renews hers there every 5 years.

As for the address, I dont know, a Khon Kaen resident can surely help. All I get is the "lef" with the horizonal karate chop motion, and "lef" "reet" repeated until we arrived.

Its in the rather large Amphur offices......... :o

Hi,

My thai girl friend need to get a passport to travel. Is there is any office to do it in Isaan. We live in the north of Khorat to chayamphoom. Where is the closest office? Any adresse or number phone please?

Thanks ! :o

There is one office in Khon Kaen.

สำนักงานชั่วคราวขอนแก่น

อาคารเหล่ากาชาด ขอนแก่น ถ.หน้าเมือง ขอนแก่น

โทร. (043) 242-707 โทรสาร (043) 243-441

Red Cross Building (Lao Ka Shad building)

NaMoueng Road. Khon Kaen

Tel. 043 -242-707

Fax. 043 - 243-441

Not far from the non-aircon bus station

You can get a new and renew a Thai passport in the Khon Kaen office at the address that NBalke has posted.But what happens is they have to send it to Bangkok.The wife did this last year 2007 and we had it back in a week.She renewed it.Not sure how long for a new passport.Too me it is worth the wait to keep from haveing to go to the cesspool (bangkok).

You can get a new and renew a Thai passport in the Khon Kaen office at the address that NBalke has posted.But what happens is they have to send it to Bangkok.The wife did this last year 2007 and we had it back in a week.She renewed it.Not sure how long for a new passport.Too me it is worth the wait to keep from haveing to go to the cesspool (bangkok).

Thats worth knowing blue eyes. They must have changed the way they do it. At my wifes last renewal (errr 2005 I think) it was all done inside 2 hours. She flashed her government employee id which certainly cut out some of the crap, but if they need to send it away now that wont help next time.

Bummer.

Not sure why it is sent to Bangkok but it might have to do with it being a new type of passport.It has a hard cover like a book.I think that there maybe an electronic "chip" inside of the hard cover.Not sure, gueess we could ask about that.Anyone know?

There is one in Khon Khaen. Just follow the blue signs from the motorway (we came from the south) to the government offices. It was easy to find. The whole process took my wife about 20 minutes.

She need to bring her ID card and house registration book. No pictures necessary, as they will take them on the spot. We had the passport within a week in the mail.

The fee is 1000 baht for the passport, and 35 baht postage.

I believe there is a new place in Korat, not far from Ya Mo, under the ThaiKrung bank (downstairs, in the basement). It's on the same street as Klang Plaza 2, opposite side, just after the park...

Yes this is correct my GF got her's done there in Dec, the cost is 1000 baht and 35 baht for post, the form is sent to Bangkok and they issue the passport and post it to you by EMS, it takes about 5 -6 days to do.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...
I believe there is a new place in Korat, not far from Ya Mo, under the ThaiKrung bank (downstairs, in the basement). It's on the same street as Klang Plaza 2, opposite side, just after the park...

Hi

Agree~~~ The boss lady got her Thai passport renewed there earlier this year, in and out in 30 mins no problems.

TBWG :)

An answer to my own post.

Korat Passport office no. is 0044243132.

Open 0800-1600 Monday to Friday.

Only one zero on the front of the number, not 2. Not a complaint just an observation.

Sorry about that.

Thanks for the correction.

http://www.consular.go.th/modules.php?name...page&pid=47

Edited by soihok