Cockfighting In Thailand?

I've always wondered. I hear about cockfighting in most cities I've been to here in Thailand.

Is this legal here? It is my assumption that the act of cock fighting is legal, but the inherent betting that usually goes on during the fights is not legal.

Anyone in the know here?

My first visit to Thailand years ago and did all the tourist things. Day 3 Rose garden. Exhibition of Thai tradition, cock fighting. This is just to show you what Thai people used to do. Now we think it is barbaric and it is banned. Next day going over a bridge looked down at the houses near the Khlong. Said to my girl what are those. Those are chicken for fighting came the reply. :o

• 4 weeks later...

does anyone here know where i can find dvds/magazines/etc about how to breed, raise and train cockfighters? i been trying to find information about cockfighting for awhile now....maybe there will be something in the bookstores? is there even videos for this kind of stuff? (training videos,etc)......thanks for any info........

does anyone here know where i can find dvds/magazines/etc about how to breed, raise and train cockfighters? i been trying to find information about cockfighting for awhile now....maybe there will be something in the bookstores? is there even videos for this kind of stuff? (training videos,etc)......thanks for any info........

Do a google search for Sabong - the Filipino name for the sport. You'll get some links to sites (English) & you should be able to get whatever info you need. For a starter, the sabong.net forum has over 36,000 members.