Apple Iphone 1.1.3, 1.1.2 Software Unlocked Is Available Now

mmkin

Well, that is great news for all iphone lovers especially those who are using the turbosim, stealthsim.

A genius has managed to unlock the otb 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 phones using the software method. You no longer need the adapter to work with it.

More info, refer to http://hackint0sh.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=136

Enjoy! Remember to donate some money to the "hacker".

Since you mentioned turbo sim is it available at MBK? Is it still outrageously priced?

Well, that is great news for all iphone lovers especially those who are using the turbosim, stealthsim.

A genius has managed to unlock the otb 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 phones using the software method. You no longer need the adapter to work with it.

Since you mentioned turbo sim is it available at MBK? Is it still outrageously priced?

Yes, i bought another set from Singapore on Monday before coming back to BKK at S$850 which is about 18700baht. This is the latest software unlock method and i think its a good price. Much better than in BKK.

But what about all the " warings " you gt when you speak to

staff at Apple shops in Thailand regarding reasons not to buy one of

these models before the official launch date in Thailand ?

So far I have heard :-

1. That the owners of these unlocked phones will not be able to participate

in the updates that will be offered to those that buy the models in 2 months time ?

2. That the warranty does not apply to these early models

Are these just to be ignored or is there substance to these warnings ?

No way would I EVER buy an expensive phone that I wasn't able to use directly out of the factory box. Kind of like buying a car and having to change engines before you can drive it.

As far as Apple linking a product to a single provider, I think it was just plain stupid.

No way would I EVER buy an expensive phone that I wasn't able to use directly out of the factory box. Kind of like buying a car and having to change engines before you can drive it.

As far as Apple linking a product to a single provider, I think it was just plain stupid.

Ever buy a computer and have to put software on it after getting it out of the box? The phone works fine out of the box you do not have to customize it to have it function as it is advertised. If you are using the phone in Thailand you aren't using it as advertised. You can jailbreak and unlock an iPhone in around 5 minutes let's see you change an engine that quickly. The people at MBK will sell you a phone you can use straight away so what's the issue?

As far as it being stupid having it linked to one carrier, it is bad for the customer but good for Apple. I can assure you other companies are looking into the model Apple has set for revenue sharing with carriers. This means that they will have to bring devices to the market which make carriers willing to share monthly revenues for the exclusivity of having that device in their product line. If nothing else the iPhone has given other carriers incentive to try to come up with something better, which if they succeed is great.

^ but it generates about 10 USD a month for them per user for zip.

Regards

PS This article in Wired is well worth a read

Great story. I had already forgotten about Apple's first phone, the ROKR. The Motorola-developed ROKR is clear proof that even Apple marketing can't sell a crap device. Of course, Jobs knew that the ROKR was bad; In the presentation, he duly introduced the ROKR, had some Motorola head honcho on the stage, gave it the usual "the best thing since sliced bread" treatment, and then... he went on to introduce the iPod nano. The ROKR looked nothing special to begin with but next to the nano it looked like utter crap.

I don't see how the carrier lock thing benefits consumers in the least, but OK...