They Have Arrived!

Congrats.

After helping so many others for so long I am really happy that your turn has come. Tell Apple we have been following her progress for a long while and give her and the boy a huge welcome to OZ from Bob and Lek.

Medicare : Must wait at least 7 working days (from memory) before going to Medicare.(must allow time for immigration to forward info to Med.) Passport showing appropriate visa all that is required (once again from memory) and card issued about 2 weeks later

Bank: She only needs 1 form of identification (as opposed to our 3) to open account---passport

Graham,

A very hearty congratulations to you and Apple for the reunion and successful migration to Oz. I know from you many posts and your several PMs to me that you have approached this process with a lot of careful research and common sense. You have been an endless supply of advice and support to many of us who are going through the same process of having our loved ones join us here in Oz.

Hopefully all our applications are as successful as yours.

Good luck for the future to you, Apple and your stepson,

Carl

Graham,

A very hearty congratulations to you and Apple for the reunion and successful migration to Oz. I know from you many posts and your several PMs to me that you have approached this process with a lot of careful research and common sense. You have been an endless supply of advice and support to many of us who are going through the same process of having our loved ones join us here in Oz.

Hopefully all our applications are as successful as yours.

Good luck for the future to you, Apple and your stepson,

Carl

Yep....what he said.... :o

It is a drawn out and stressful procedure....Many have related their experiences here....everyone who has contributed, has been of assistance.

Good luck to all who are going through it or are about to go through it.

Graham

Great to hear your family is together, as others said your result is fully deserved as you've helped so many other people to point them in the right direction.

Now she gets to experience the Australian version of long and drawn out with all the red tape...but once you get through it it's all good. Best of luck.

By the way, was your case officer Khun Leena?

Graham

Great to hear your family is together, as others said your result is fully deserved as you've helped so many other people to point them in the right direction.

Now she gets to experience the Australian version of long and drawn out with all the red tape...but once you get through it it's all good. Best of luck.

By the way, was your case officer Khun Leena?

Yes it was....she was very helpful and Apple never felt under pressure from her.

Our case officer is Leena as well.

I'm glad to hear that you both found her to be very good, that's reassuring to know. I'm trying to get in contact with her in regards to our application to see how it is going. We applied i think on the 27th December 2007 and the interview a couple of weeks later but we haven't heard anything as yet. But she did have an issue with her health check, so i'm not sure if that's holding things up or because we haven't had a proper ceremony and haven't lived together for an extended period of time.

Were either of you able to get in contact with Leena easily?

I'm glad to hear that you both found her to be very good, that's reassuring to know. I'm trying to get in contact with her in regards to our application to see how it is going. We applied i think on the 27th December 2007 and the interview a couple of weeks later but we haven't heard anything as yet. But she did have an issue with her health check, so i'm not sure if that's holding things up or because we haven't had a proper ceremony and haven't lived together for an extended period of time.

She gave the missus her direct number....umfortunately we have misplaced it...but Apple had no problem ringing her.

6 weeks since you lodged the application you should be hearing something from them soon, it might be advisable to wait another two weeks, then enquire using the telephone in the first instance. Your application is still within their 3 month time frame for processing applications.

I'm in a similar situation, however my partner has just received her AFP Clearance and sent it down to the Embassy.

On the two occaisions I have spoken to Khun Leena I have found her to be personable, helpful and responsive.

I'm not sure if Leena interviewed Bai and I know that she was very nervous about the meeting - trouble is Bai's English is limited and its hard to get a real good feel about how it went.

I have had no problem in contacting her - I think her direct line is given on th eacknowledgement of application letter

All the best

Kel

More importantly, have you found a good asian food supplier (you can get real frozen catfish in Vic Park for the naam pha dok foo), where the closest temple is (nollamara, or the one in serpentine which my wiff prefers), where to find the friends that will be able to make the best massaman or som tum. THESE are the important issues!! Until my wife came here 18 months ago I didn't realise there were so many thais in Perth - its a mafia!! :o

Edited by Sporting Dog

More importantly, have you found a good asian food supplier (you can get real frozen catfish in Vic Park for the naam pha dok foo), where the closest temple is (nollamara, or the one in serpentine which my wiff prefers), where to find the friends that will be able to make the best massaman or som tum. THESE are the important issues!! Until my wife came here 18 months ago I didn't realise there were so many thais in Perth - its a mafia!! :o

Actually we prefer Lucky's in Northbridge....better range than Kongs especially for the green veges.

She has been to Nollamarra but not Serpentine....

I found it a lot better to stay away from half the Thai's in Perth....forget the Cashmere Mafia....its the Jasmine Mafia you have to watch out for.

Finally Apple and the stepson have arrived in Oz....Immigration now finished with...well for at least two years..... :o

Now we have the schools, Medicare, banks....to work our way through....oh well...here we go again.. :D

The very best of luck to you, and we much appreciate your helpful assistance to other members.

Finally Apple and the stepson have arrived in Oz....Immigration now finished with...well for at least two years..... :o

Now we have the schools, Medicare, banks....to work our way through....oh well...here we go again.. :D

The very best of luck to you, and we much appreciate your helpful assistance to other members.

To all who have given their congrats.....thanks heaps, appreciated and I hope that we can congratulate all those who have future and current applications...:D

Edited by gburns57au