The Change Of Time

snowflake

When I came here six years ago I could walk for days (weeks) and not see a single foreigner, yes I was not alone but they were all somewhere else, not visible.. Nowdays I can spot a foreigner around every corner and under every stone, what happend?

What made NST so attractive to you? Why did you come here? Let's face it, it ain't known for its beautiful beaches, fun discos and friendly nature. This is Nakhon Si Thammarat, gangsta capital of Thailand, all filled with hot tempered high strung nose in the sky people...

I came becuase a mate of mine was down here and he called and told me of a job opening. Since that I have tried to leave many times but I never seem to get away from here...

Why did you come and what are your plans?

What happened is that there are far more job opportunities than there were six years ago. I don't think people have chosen this place because of its striking beauty or friendliness but simply because they can find a job here fairly easily.

Having said that, Nakhon is close to some genuinely attractive places. Krabi, Phang nga, Phuket...as well as places within the province like Khao Luang, Krung Ching and many other places I'm sure. I think people realise soon after they arrive in NST that it's not all about the city.

I came because I found a job here and I knew NST was close to places in Thailand that I like. I also recognised that it would be cheaper to live here than a more touristy destination.

The main reason that i choose Nakhon was it was off the beaten track and it didn't have any tourists passing through. Times have changed and the place is expanding and expanding everyday, i think this will be my last year here in Nakhon and will head off to find a more remote city or town to live in.

:o:D

-

When I came here six years ago I could walk for days (weeks) and not see a single foreigner, yes I was not alone but they were all somewhere else, not visible.. Nowdays I can spot a foreigner around every corner and under every stone, what happend?

What made NST so attractive to you? Why did you come here? Let's face it, it ain't known for its beautiful beaches, fun discos and friendly nature. This is Nakhon Si Thammarat, gangsta capital of Thailand, all filled with hot tempered high strung nose in the sky people...

I came becuase a mate of mine was down here and he called and told me of a job opening. Since that I have tried to leave many times but I never seem to get away from here...

Why did you come and what are your plans?

I first came 3 years ago to visit the g/f's family. We were living in Bangkok at the time and I just did not fancy buying a house there. I liked the beaches here and enjoy my sundays at Taleampuk. The handful of farangs Ive met have been ok. Mind you I only go into town to shop and have a meal at Steak and More so all the Thais I have come into contact with here have been very welcoming. We built a house on the g/f's land and my plans are to expand the farm and also breed Pla Dook.Its great to see how healthy the g/f is now she is out of the sewing sweat shop in BKK and working in her own workshop. I agree it is so handy here to Phuket and Samui for holidays and weekend visits to places like Thale Noi and picnics at waterfalls I dont regret coming here for one minute but 3 years is not long in the scheme of things and now doubt the gloss will wear off but for now I am enjoying the moment

Let's all talk about how long we've been here and how great it was before all those dirty foreigners came and ruined it. 'I wanted to be the only one...now I'm not special anymore!'. :o

I'm sure there's some backwater village where you can live in peace and quiet with your gun and your dog and none of those filthy farangs will bother you ever again. :D

Bertfinley, since you apparently has a thorn in my side and knows who I am PM me and tell me who you are...

I did not complain about how many morons are down here and that I am not the only one anymore...

I feel very confident that I am a very special person down here so that is ok... (easy to see me)

I dont like guns, or dogs- and I dont mind foreigners in town, the more the merrier...

So please come out of the cabinet and tell us why did you come here? What drew you to Nakhon? A girl? Beaches? Don't know?

If you think this thread is stupid, bugger off as you can just sit and be angry somewhere else....

MORON

Let's all talk about how long we've been here and how great it was before all those dirty foreigners came and ruined it. 'I wanted to be the only one...now I'm not special anymore!'. :o

I'm sure there's some backwater village where you can live in peace and quiet with your gun and your dog and none of those filthy farangs will bother you ever again. :D

good someone else agree's that most farangs are filthy, good man !! I have the dogs already and just waiting for right piece of jungle land to come my way then i'm off. Also does anyone know where i can buy a gun?? cheers

Now who is a "nose in the sky" person? Why do you think you are a very special person down here" Who told you that? I think Bertfinley was referring to Tatler who appears to to be always quite controversial and cynical If this is not a true statement then I do apologize in advance.

Now who is a "nose in the sky" person? Why do you think you are a very special person down here" Who told you that? I think Bertfinley was referring to Tatler who appears to to be always quite controversial and cynical If this is not a true statement then I do apologize in advance.

I have to agree that i am quite controversial and cynical !! anything wrong with that?? keeps things more interesting... :o:D

Just ask Thais from Central or North Thailand what they think about Thais from South, particularly from NST...

My mum told me I am special so I am very special...

Tatler cynical? Ha! A mailbox is more cynical than he is, he is just honest, he says it like he think it should be like... He is a big jellybean...

Sorry Tatler, dont want to ruin your streetcred, if you know what I mean...

Tatler cynical? Ha! A mailbox is more cynical than he is,

... He is a big jellybean...

Snowflake with the quote of the week...yet again...

This is almost up there with the 'ho's in their pockets' quote....almost :o

Just ask Thais from Central or North Thailand what they think about Thais from South, particularly from NST...

Tatler cynical? Ha! A mailbox is more cynical than he is, he is just honest, he says it like he think it should be like... He is a big jellybean...

Well just ask Thais in the south what they think of Thais from Issan. They will tell you they must be stupid. They voted for Thaksin sisnt they.

Well just ask Thais in the south what they think of Thais from Issan. They will tell you they must be stupid. They voted for Thaksin sisnt they.

What was wrong with Mr. Thaksin?? he was a harding working PM that wanted to make Thailand into a more advanced and modern country !! Thaksin is my god :o:D

• 2 weeks later...