Best Supermarket Naklua Road.

NONG CHOK

Hi there, I walked past the new Best Supermarket this morning, I noticed that it officially opens tomorrow Sat April 20. It's opposite the Susco servo between Sois 25 and 27, It's over the road from where I live. So that will be less stress on my old legs.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is the North Pattaya Road one still there?

Its going to be replaced by another multi story hotel complex similar to the Space Hotel.

Edited by NONG CHOK
typo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Just as well the one was very tired

I quit using the North Pattaya Road Best a long time ago - no place to park.  It used to be you could park on North Road fairly close to Best entry door (not many spaces, but I usually found at least one available).  Then they made it no parking for that whole area of North Road near Best. The very few parking spaces behind Best were almost always full, so I gave up on shopping there.

Edited by soisanuk

was at the new place earlier - i was expecting it to have a coffee shop and loads more stuff than the old place.....

well no coffee shop - its bigger than the old place with a high ceiling - but everything same old same old ....

23 hours ago, NONG CHOK said:

Its going to be replaced by another multi story hotel complex similar to the Space Hotel.

Maybe take the Peace Resort too? Nice enough place in the old days in that area but fell on hard times with the changing demographics.

Kiss was a fixture in that area (Naklua Rd., corner T21 took, Naklua Rd again--failed) for decades. No real replacement for it.

On 4/20/2024 at 1:19 PM, piston broke said:

was at the new place earlier - i was expecting it to have a coffee shop and loads more stuff than the old place.....

well no coffee shop - its bigger than the old place with a high ceiling - but everything same old same old ....

You're thinking of the seating under the big tree in back where many an old fart, most often an old German fart, enjoyed a Chang or wine cooler. That will be missed.

The old place had been there decades and had the local feel that's fast disappearing in Pattaya. New place is upscale and gentrified. Not sure how great the new location really is. On the corner and across from T21 was prime.

Well, give it time. I went by today, and they're still stocking the shelves and got plenty of room to spare.

• Like 1

Everywhere in Naklua is being knocked down to build top of the range hotels, especially on the Wongamart side of Naklua Road. I'd say Best Supermarket along with the Peace Hotel were forced to go. Maybe the offer was to good to knock back. Give them a month as it's been one hell of a job to move all their stock. I'm sure things will change once things are settled down. One up side is the new shop has a superb alcohol section.

That whole area is being redeveloped.  The new Akara Hotel just opened.  Close by to it a 2-building highrise project will be going up--Once Wongamat, a second project to the first, Once Pattaya.   All the one-story older stuff from there to the circle and around past the old Best has been boarded up and some of it has started to be torn down.  Will be interesting to see what else new will be going into those spaces.   

Closer to the beach, Centre Point 3 is slated for a huge tract of land in front of Cape Dara and Wyndham Grand, another big highrise project, is planned for just down the street.  Both joining Arom Wongamat, nearing completion.  Centara Grand Resort has started what looks to be extensive renovations.

• Like 2

As I go for my long daily walk every morning in that area I see every thing that's going on. It appears that work has started on the extra large land behind Space Hotel. Yesterday when I walked past the open gates they were digging the foundations and trucks were removing the soil. Now tour buses have taken over that area and many are driven by people who have a Thai motor bike riders mentality.