I Am Seeking Cheap Flights From The Uk To Bangkok

GraemePaul

Hi Folks,

Been to Thailand the last 2 years (my first trip was for 7 months). I really want to go back this year but looking at various websites I am looking to pay £600 to get from Gatwick to Bangkok and I am currently saving so dont have a huge amount of money to spend.

I would really like to cut this amount by half if possible, as I live in the channel islands I have some flexibility on my departure airport within Europe but UK is preferred I am also not worried about having a stop.

If anyone has any information that can help me I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Graeme

Hi Folks,

Been to Thailand the last 2 years (my first trip was for 7 months). I really want to go back this year but looking at various websites I am looking to pay £600 to get from Gatwick to Bangkok and I am currently saving so dont have a huge amount of money to spend.

I would really like to cut this amount by half if possible, as I live in the channel islands I have some flexibility on my departure airport within Europe but UK is preferred I am also not worried about having a stop.

If anyone has any information that can help me I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Graeme

http://flights.airlinecodes.co.uk/route/Lo...ngkok--LON-BKK/

Of course it depends on when you are planning to fly.

You will need to research the various web sites, Airline Network, Opodo etc etc. You can get flights for about £450 in June, including the add ons of about £170, but they will sell out fast.

It's actually one of the cheaper times of year to go barring the October down pours.

Estimate for around 450 quid direct return (Eva or Thai) or cheaper around the 400 area if you're prepared to get off the plane inbetween. There's a multitude of sites, Airline Network, eBookers, Expedia, Opodo, Travelocity, West East Travel - shop around

beginning of july to beginning of september is a high season, so depart in june and come back after 10-15 september.

because prices during the high season can only rise - so book as soon as you come accross a reasonable fare.

the largest airports (LHR, AMS, FRA) usually the cheapest fare due to competition between many different airlines and non-direct flight would be cheaper - but I wouldn't do more than 1 stopover (if there is any delay in your first leg, you will mess up your journey).

Much easier way to do this, just type Kayak into Google, the first answer it brings up is not about a type of boat but a flight comparison sight...and to get in first shows its Google ranking , simply the best site of its type around, input your details and it scans airlines PLUS travel brokers, quite amazing to watch it at work, very few bases it doesn't touch. Another tip, very good for open jaw returns, something few travel sites do well, so if you want to fly into Kl or Singapore but return to Bangkok, or out of Heathrow but back into Gatwick try the multi stop option, the latter can often save a few quid. If your bringing up flights in $s go to Kayak Uk.

Do remember that the cheapest flights it brings up are cheap for a reason, a maybe, maybe not, flight on Oman Air is a false economy.

I've noticed a few folk on this forum talking about Westeast travel, I have a problem with their site, it allows you to book a flight way in advance of the 11 months that airlines issue their schedules and fares for. No one else does that, try it and see. Eager for business, but so was Northern Rock.

Much easier way to do this, just type Kayak into Google, the first answer it brings up is not about a type of boat but a flight comparison sight...and to get in first shows its Google ranking , simply the best site of its type around, input your details and it scans airlines PLUS travel brokers, quite amazing to watch it at work, very few bases it doesn't touch. Another tip, very good for open jaw returns, something few travel sites do well, so if you want to fly into Kl or Singapore but return to Bangkok, or out of Heathrow but back into Gatwick try the multi stop option, the latter can often save a few quid. If your bringing up flights in $s go to Kayak Uk.

That Kayak site is really good.. Thanks for that..

Only issue is that there's no option for premium economy...

That Kayak site is really good.. Thanks for that..

Only issue is that there's no option for premium economy...

Why bother to search 100's of sites when probably the best deal you'll get is with westeasttravel anyway ? I've used them for donkies and they've actually got better as they've expanded from one office in West London to another in East London as well over the last year or so. Still no harm in looking I suupose.

Loyal customer with cause to be. :o

As for premier economy, I don't know who else does it ? But with EVA there's not a lot of difference with standard economy - except in price. In fact in terms of leg room ordinary would be better, if by some extrordinary chance you managed to get one of those door seats.

always shop around - you never know where you can save a hundred or two £ - especially important in high season. when there are not many seats left and you have not flexible dates. The last xmas I have saved £350 with air china over the westeast fares

always shop around - you never know where you can save a hundred or two £ - especially important in high season. when there are not many seats left and you have not flexible dates. The last xmas I have saved £350 with air china over the westeast fares

Trouble with China Air is the long stop-over in Amterdam (I think it was) last time I enquired. The good bit was the price for business class and flying the first leg from City Airport.

Who did you book with mate ?

Why bother to search 100's of sites when probably the best deal you'll get is with westeasttravel anyway ? I've used them for donkies and they've actually got better as they've expanded from one office in West London to another in East London as well over the last year or so. Still no harm in looking I suupose.

Their search engine doesn't bring up especially good prices from what I've seen. And their special offers are shown without taxes etc. I'm planning to go business class on Cathay next time. WE's special offer is about standard (slightly more than ebookers), but their search engine brings up only over the top prices, meaning I'd have to call and discuss

As for premier economy, I don't know who else does it ? But with EVA there's not a lot of difference with standard economy - except in price. In fact in terms of leg room ordinary would be better, if by some extrordinary chance you managed to get one of those door seats.

There's plenty of difference for a tall person. I won't fly economy long haul.Worth the money to me.

BA and (soon) Qantas do it as well. Because Thai and Singapore don't, I have to exclude them.

My findings do not agree with yours, I also used to use West East Travel but in recent years other online agents such as ebookers, airline network and opodo have beaten them if you are just looking to get to Thailand from UK.

They are still probably the cheapest if you want only a direct flight (EVA or Thai).

I recently booked on line with West East travel (Emirates) which was confirmed. After 3 days they called to say the booking was not accepted by the airline and they had to refund my money. I booked the same flight cheaper with Airline Network.

So I believe you do have to shop around and every time you require a ticket if you are looking to get the best price.

There's plenty of difference for a tall person. I won't fly economy long haul.Worth the money to me.

BA and (soon) Qantas do it as well. Because Thai and Singapore don't, I have to exclude them.

I'm not a particularly tall person but do wear a prosthetic limb because of a motorbike accident so, therefore, need plenty of leg room. Frankly, the last time that I flew over Premier Economy it was a nightmare - so much so that I upgraded for the return. Didn't help when at BKK they sent my luggage over to Tapei instead of taking it off. But that's another unrelated story.

So are BA and Qantas any better do you know ?

That'll be Taipei :o

Edited by Happy Hammer

Trouble with China Air is the long stop-over in Amterdam (I think it was) last time I enquired. The good bit was the price for business class and flying the first leg from City Airport.

Who did you book with mate ?

it was Air China, layover 2h in Beijing, booked directly with their London office - on calling their general office in Beijing, they told me they don't fly Lon-BKK. They gave me 32kg allowance (without even asking them for it) standard economy + I got almost 30kg hand luggage each way.

I'm not a particularly tall person but do wear a prosthetic limb because of a motorbike accident so, therefore, need plenty of leg room. Frankly, the last time that I flew over Premier Economy it was a nightmare - so much so that I upgraded for the return. Didn't help when at BKK they sent my luggage over to Tapei instead of taking it off. But that's another unrelated story.

So are BA and Qantas any better do you know ?

That'll be Taipei :o

I flew Eva LON-BKK and BA BKK-SYD last September. Eva had more legroom, but BA seemed to be wider. The first time I went BA I was upgraded to business, which gave me a taste for flying in comfort.

Qantas start in April and look like they'll be better than BA.. I'm a bit lucky in that I can fly to Australia twice a year and claim the fare back as a business expense, so I'm planning to visit Mum in Cairns for a few days then 12 in Bangkok before arriving in London on a Monday morning and going straight to work, having slept on the plane, which I would try in economy..

The best advice above is to shop around each time you buy, because the value offered by particular suppliers such as E-bookers or Airline Network fluctuates over time. Actually the two suppliers that I have found to be the cheapest recently do not feature amongst those listed on this thread. Kayak which has been suggested as a shortcut to a good price, doesn't necessarily come up with the goods. I have just tried a search on a return ticket for July/September that I bought about a week ago, and Kayak's best price was GBP 80 higher than I paid for the same carrier. For a list of deals I think the link below is the best starting point. I use this to jump to the individual suppliers' websites, if the prices look good.

http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/flights/Bangkok/Heathrow/

I always use travilbag as another posted above said , i use there one in Nottingham .And i have never had a problem and there often get good flights deals.

The first time was with Thai airways never ever again will with them again .The last 2 times i have flown it has been with eve, and i have always been able to get the seat near the door .So there is never a problem getting to the toilet and there is plenty of leg room.

Though i tried to get a flight with eve for next month and the cheapest i could get one for was 600 pounds so its not really that cheap at the moment.

If you do use Amsterdam as a stop over , please dont go to dubai after its not safe .All it would take is some smoke on your hair and you are stuffed in dubai.groverider knows that just to well .

Edited by deon

Got wifee one on Thai ..from Thai Direct..Lon-CM next week for £690 but she still has an upgrade so it Busi class all the way... :o

I go 2 weeks later and could only get a full ecom £680..cattle class but its over the poxy Easter Hols and all the little rich thai kids have filled everything up between Millfield and Bangers.....

Roll on next time however...A380 via Singapore.... must looksee Raffles ...last time I was there it was shut for renovation....Singa- Slinga anyone? :D

I just got one today leaving for the 6 of march ,The travil agent was nice enough to remind me that school holiydays start in about 3 week time here .It ended up costing 663 pounds with eve air directto Thailand ,And that was with travilbag.

Edited by deon

I just got a quote back from Westeast for a business class flight from London to Cairns.. It's more than £500 more than booking direct through the airline, and more than £700 more than Ebookers!

So in this case, they lost a sale...