Underseal Programme

Lobin

hello all

just wondering what this underseal treatment is all about, I shall be doing a fair bit of driving including costal driving and have been told that this is good for that, i.e. corrosion paint chipping etc. Have been told that do the initial job which is alledgedly valid for 6 years warranty, but have to go back every 6 months for a top up?

Also paintwork protection programme, worth it?

Personally in my limited experience and opinion I would go for both, as the car is not a cheap thing and want it to last as long as possible.

hello all

just wondering what this underseal treatment is all about, I shall be doing a fair bit of driving including costal driving and have been told that this is good for that, i.e. corrosion paint chipping etc. Have been told that do the initial job which is alledgedly valid for 6 years warranty, but have to go back every 6 months for a top up?

Also paintwork protection programme, worth it?

Personally in my limited experience and opinion I would go for both, as the car is not a cheap thing and want it to last as long as possible.

Hi Lobin

Sounds like they can see the letter 'A.T.M.' printed on your forehead.

I have never heard of further 'top up' coats of underseal treatment other than for repair work. I am a little less skeptical about paint protection chemicals, my brother (back in UK) had something similar done on his XK8 and it seemed to be good but very expensive.

I wonder if shops could put you in touch with 'happy customers' to confirm quality of product. Maybe a PM to mikethevigoman may shed more light in the products (he is in the motortrade over here)??????

Dave