Canned Or Tinned Asparagus

Chuckler

Hope you find what you need, but given that fresh is very available here it may be better to just cook what you need. As these type imported canned products can sometimes run up to 10 times local cost of fresh, and secondly as the processed is just boiled while it is being canned or processed, you can do the same yourself. If you like it well cooked or soft just boil or steam till it is at the texture you like, but in doing so you are loosing all the good parts into the liquid. Just a bit more detail to my first post.

oh I should mention that Tops at Asoke, Carrefour at Ratchada, Tesco at Fortune have all been tried with no success.

Not quite sure why you would want such a thing, but I've seen it in the Ratchada (Fortune Town) Tescos. Jars and tins, IIRC. However, as with many things in this branch, they come and go ...

Reporting back, I have found (white) tinned asparagus at foodland on Sukumvit Soi 5.

It's not green, which was my preference that I didn't state, but beggars can't be choosers as the saying goes.

As to why I want it: it's for a family recipe that just doesn't seem to work with fresh asparagus for some reason. :o