Border run Pattaya to Cambodia

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Pick up was 05:40, arrived at border at 09:10 after 15 minute break half way. Took 2 hours to get through immigrations and then back to Pattaya by 2:40 (lunch half way)

Honestly leaving 05.40, you had to wake up so early or maybe didn't sleep. what a <deleted>ty organization

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, vangrop said:

Honestly leaving 05.40, you had to wake up so early or maybe didn't sleep. what a <deleted>ty organization

All vans I looked at did pick-ups between 05:30 and 06:00. I preferred it so that back in Pattaya around 2:30 pm so not missing much.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

I don't know why people don't just rent a car and go there themselves. It works out cheaper than 3,700, you set your own hours and it's a lot more comfortable.

The only reason i can think of is the mini bus company has contacts at the border that fast track you thru?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

Any people feel happy encouraging corruption in this way?

This is why I didn't want to post agent name and have the usual agent BS. Please read my post 5 above this. No corruption just easing the process by doing stuff for us.

Corruption would be if we illegally crossed the border and came back somehow. In this case just normal process expedited and simplified

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

Great to hear a positive review about the driving habits and skills. 

My experience with mini vans has been so bad that I avoid them like the plague.  But that's probably the difference between well run visa runs catering to foreigners (with fixed seating) and a mini van that caters to locals where they pack the van at the origin then stop along the way to pack it even tighter.  The first time I took one (Kanchanaburi to BKK) was so bad I thought it had to be a fluke.  My 2nd trip was the last time I ever set my butt into a kamikaze van.  It was as every bit as bad as the first.  Glad to hear there's a comfortable visa run option.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

To each his own. Sharing a small van with 7 other people (6 customers + the driver and agent?) doesn't sound very comfortable to me, especially not at 5 am when no one has had time to empty their bowels and shower.

Why on earth would you not have time to empty your bowels or have a shower for a 0530 pick-up? Do you not do that on early flights too

There were 6 people in van in airline equivalent business class seats, plus driver. All agent help was provided by a crew of people at the border.  So pretty comfortable drive if you are capable of emptying your bowels and having a shower before you leave 😉

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

This is why I didn't want to post agent name and have the usual agent BS. Please read my post 5 above this. No corruption just easing the process by doing stuff for us.

Corruption would be if we illegally crossed the border and came back somehow. In this case just normal process expedited and simplified

And why do you think it is "expedited"? You think the agent and the immigration officials who let you jump the queue (or in your words asked others "to step aside") are just good mates or something? Clearly the agent is bribing the immigration officials.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Your posts are ridiculous.

Why are you constantly stalking me with comments like this? It seems most of my posts on this forum get a reply like this from you. If you don't like my posts, fine ignore them. I don't value your opinion at all and if you don't value mine, is it not better if we just ignore each other?

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Sad 2

Just now, edwardandtubs said:

And why do you think it is "expedited"? You think the agent and the immigration officials who let you jump the queue (or in your words asked others "to step aside") are just good mates or something? Clearly the agent is bribing the immigration officials.

Every van has a group number and are processed accordingly (felt like 99% of people). Suggest you go after 11:30 when all the vans have left to go back to Pattaya

Just now, Pattaya57 said:

Every van has a group number and are processed accordingly (felt like 99% of people). Suggest you go after 11:30 when all the vans have left to go back to Pattaya

Maybe but these vans are in fact paying bribes to immigration officials. Do you really think they would let them run this service without taking their cut?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why on earth would you not have time to empty your bowels or have a shower for a 0530 pick-up? Do you not do that on early flights too

There were 6 people in van in airline equivalent business class seats, plus driver. All agent help was provided by a crew of people at the border.  So pretty comfortable drive if you are capable of emptying your bowels and having a shower before you leave 😉

Great to hear about the immaculate hygiene standards and propensity for early morning starts among Pattaya residents these days.

Edited by edwardandtubs
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1