Which Satellite System Do I Need To Get Nascar & Mlb

Tagaa

I have been in LOS full time since July 2007. I got UBC ASAP. I have seen some Major League Baseball (mostlty the Yankees & whomever they play, as well as the playoffs on ESPN Int'l..not the same ESPN we have in the states) but have never seen a NASCAR event. The saeson is about to start...I know I will miss Daytona this weekend, but I want to see at least the majority of the races as well as more MLB.

What system carries FOX Sports, FX, TNT (and NBC for the last half of the racing season & MLB).

I have searched THAIVISA, the internet & NASCAR website, but can find no answers.

All "ON TOPIC" answers are appreciated.

Tagaa

the season before last was shown on UBC (Nascar) but then last year they dropped it.

Regarding baseball, they show that game as those are the games that are shown to international market (ie Japan) so I don't think they will start to show your team unless they pick up a Japanese player or two first...

Or wait a minute and maybe UBC will pick it up, that is how it works over here....

I watch NASCAR replays on the Speed channel on my computer for free. If you have a fast enough connection for streaming video go to TVUNetworks.com and download their viewer. They broadcast many US stations, the Speed Channel is on their channel called Wheels.

Edited by Rdrokit

Thanks RD ROKIT,

I went to the site & downloaded it today...unfortunately I will have to wait until the house is finished before TOT will install the phone/DSL line. I think I may be able to watch the last half of the season...better than nothing at all.

By the way, what is the RD ROKIT? I had a black rocket, 87 Buick Grand National, that I had to sell before I came here, along with a restored (to factory assembly line original condition) 74 Jeep CJ5. I bought it December 18, 1987 & it only had 43,000 miles on it when I sold it. It still ran like a bat out of HE double toothpicks, if I do say so myself. IIRC, the only production car sold in 1987, in the US, that was faster 0 to 60 was the Porsche 911 SC Turbo. Nothing that much fun is available here, I don't think...but I'm sure some shut-in in Chaing Mai or Pattaya will prefer to differ ad nauseum (that's why I avoid posting here).

Anywho...thanks again, I.m grateful.

I have been in LOS full time since July 2007. I got UBC ASAP. I have seen some Major League Baseball (mostlty the Yankees & whomever they play, as well as the playoffs on ESPN Int'l..not the same ESPN we have in the states) but have never seen a NASCAR event. The saeson is about to start...I know I will miss Daytona this weekend, but I want to see at least the majority of the races as well as more MLB.

What system carries FOX Sports, FX, TNT (and NBC for the last half of the racing season & MLB).

I have searched THAIVISA, the internet & NASCAR website, but can find no answers.

All "ON TOPIC" answers are appreciated.

Tagaa

I believe MLB.com offers a season package you can watch all games all teams televised live. Up to the minute scores can be obtained there free as well on many other sites ie yahoo sportsline sporting news ect

I subscribed to UBC only for the NASCAR races. I put up with them only for that reason. My pleas have been heard by nobody, They don't know and don't care. I was happy to read that speed channel has the race as I was about to subscribe to the NASCAR package at I tunes.

The TVU Networks seems to be the best option as far as I can tell. If I can figure a way to get my computer screen on my TV, I'll be a happy boy. I'm sure it's possible, but I am a bit of a computer Neanderthal, so I'll have to do some checking around.