The Smokers Thread

sweetchariot

Interesting for me reading all the reasons for smoking and how enjoyable it is etc etc.....I used to say the same when I was addicted to Nicotine.

Nothing quite like seeing your mate die from smoking to early in life, and realizing that its not natural to need a break in less than ten minutes exercise in your mid 30s.Coughing blood was another scary one.

A year into not touching one ciggie and I enjoy food can actually taste it and have never been fitter.

Smoking is not revolting at all, I really miss it especially with a pint..... :o

Still I chose life or at least give my self a chance at it, however could get hit by a bus tomorrow that would piss me off could of smoked to the end.

So for those that will live in to old age unaffected by your addiction im jealous....For the higher percentage that will see an early grave and don't enjoy smoking stop you know you want to. I dont care what you choose.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a smoker!! :D

Cigarettes keep me calm and stop me from getting fat :D . There are a lot worse things to do than smoke a simple cigarette so I wish governments would shut up and let me enjoy my cigarettes in peace.

By the way, I've smoked for 50 years and can't remember the last time I saw a doc!

Affected your memory that bad has it ! :o

The way I look at this is that because 2 people want to smoke, the other 38 peole have to breathe in the poison. Why? The only reason that people are allowed to smoke is because of historical reasons, and because people have always smoked in bars. Now is the time to change and create a better future by not smoking in places where other people have to breathe in the smoke.

People go to bars and put up with the people who smoke because they want to listen to music, watch girls, or drink. This is what bars are for, not smoking. As you can see, 95% of the people in the above example were not smoking.

People put up with the smoke because they want to go to the bar. So which is better, having 95% of the people putting up with having to breathe in smoke, or 5% of the people having to walk outside to have a smoke? The smokers will still go to bars, just as the non smokers do now. They will just put up with not being able to smoke because they want to go to a bar.

Your argument is far too logical for the nicotine junkies to understand.

They don't understand the graphic warnings printed on the very cigarette packs that they buy.

They don't understand the consequences they will face for disobeying Thai 'no smoking' laws.

They don't understand why some of their nicotine junkie mates are either dying or suffering from smoking related illnesses.

They don't understand that smoking is now regarded as a filthy, unsociable and disgusting habit.

They don't understand that their breath reeks of a putrid stench and why people stand away from them when they speak.

......I'm sure that there are many other examples that I could list here but they wouldn't understand them.

And what about the putrid stench of beer? Yuk!! :o

My grandfather died when i was 10, i can still remember the horrible smell when he came home from the pub, that combination of drink and fags ,horrid,.

My grandfather died when i was 10, i can still remember the horrible smell when he came home from the pub, that combination of drink and fags ,horrid,.

Both my grandfathers died before I was born. They really stank when I was 10, but we covered up the smell by having the family all light cigarettes.

• 3 months later...

Both my grandfathers died before I was born. They really stank when I was 10, but we covered up the smell by having the family all light cigarettes.

:o:D:D Priceless, thank you,

:o I would have thought the decompositon smell would have dissipated long before 10 years had passed

:D