Recommendation Needed For Hotels In Cambodia.

Lorin

Cambodia is sooooooooo cheap, rooms from $US2-00 a nite

http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php

Word of advice, take lotsa small US notes, make sure you spend any Cambodian money you get in change. No use once you leave, hence, small bills.

Nutha thing, if you go to Siem Reap to visit Ankor Wat.

DO NOT be conned into a multi day pass.

Get up early, bargain with Scooter cum tuk tuk driver for the whole day.

I paid $US15.00, he was great, took me where i wished to go, and more. All in a day, was great.

Book into a place close to market area where all the bars and cafes are.

Phnom Penh is similarly cheap.

I do not know how you are travelling Siem Reap, I went by bus, via Aran Poipet (???)......Neva again.........LOL

OK on Thai side, but once in Cambodia the road is just 100s miles of potholes.......and dust.

If you go thru Phnom Phen, try the boat trip one way, to Siem Reap, something different....... if it is wet, dunno, but sunny day, it is a great adventure. You go thru' Lake Tonie Pattie, a real eye opener when you see the conditions and how the people live.

Not sure, but only Bangkok Airways had rights to fly direct to Siem Reap, from BKK.

May have changed, dunno.

Cheers matey, good luck.

Edited by Zpete

Cambodia is sooooooooo cheap, rooms from $US2-00 a nite

http://www.hostelworld.com/findabed.php

Word of advice, take lotsa small US notes, make sure you spend any Cambodian money you get in change. No use once you leave, hence, small bills.

Nutha thing, if you go to Siem Reap to visit Ankor Wat.

DO NOT be conned into a multi day pass.

Get up early, bargain with Scooter cum tuk tuk driver for the whole day.

I paid $US15.00, he was great, took me where i wished to go, and more. All in a day, was great.

Book into a place close to market area where all the bars and cafes are.

Phnom Penh is similarly cheap.

I do not know how you are travelling Siem Reap, I went by bus, via Aran Poipet (???)......Neva again.........LOL

OK on Thai side, but once in Cambodia the road is just 100s miles of potholes.......and dust.

If you go thru Phnom Phen, try the boat trip one way, to Siem Reap, something different....... if it is wet, dunno, but sunny day, it is a great adventure. You go thru' Lake Tonie Pattie, a real eye opener when you see the conditions and how the people live.

Not sure, but only Bangkok Airways had rights to fly direct to Siem Reap, from BKK.

May have changed, dunno.

Cheers matey, good luck.

We gonna fly from BKK-REP-PNH-BKK, no time for buses etc. Anything esle to see in Siem Rip except temples? Is that tuk tuk you took from whole day is good for 3 passengers?