Ubc Help Needed!

SeaVisionBurma

Calling on assistance from my in-Thailand friends - something went funny with my DTH UBC satellite receiver today.

Now I can only get the radio, and the menu is stuck in Thai.

As I am over the border in Myanmar, I can't ask anyone for help deciphering the menu through the remote to get it set back to English.

Can someone with the DTH box, dstv smart card system (box set model IRD d400) please have a look through the menu settings and post me the directions to get my menu back into English please? (eg press menu, then press 6, then press 1, etc)

Any ideas also how to get it off the radio and back onto the TV?

When I press the 'TV/RADIO' button it says something about reset but nothing happens.

Hope someone can kindly assist - thanks in advance :o

I have a DStV, and do not know if the menu settings are the same or not, but did you try pulling the plug, waiting about 30 seconds and then plugging it back in so it will download the program again?

On the DStV the remote button sequence is

Menu -

4 (languages)

OK -

see if you can see English - on my screen it is the first language - highlight it with the arrow key, press OK then do the same for the 2nd Audio and Event Audio

Hope this helps

Thanks caughtintheact (after the redgum song?)

Tried the power off/reset trick, didnt work.

When I press menu, then 4 - it asks me for a 4-digit code. I dont have one, so I am a little stuck here.

Thanks for the advice anyways.

Any other suggestions? Tricks?

cheers

SVB

(2 days from the final episode of Amazing Race and distraught that I may miss it )

Thanks to all for the replies - still no luck as yet, stuck on radio, cant change to TV.

I had already seen the earlier thread regarding satellite UBC receivers losing their service for a couple of days - during this time I was okay, and it was working up to last night.

This is what it shows me when I try to press TV to switch from radio to TV:

TVbutton.jpg

at my receiver it is:

Press Menu

Press "2"

Press "3"

Here English (Spelled in Thai) is the first left Option.

Hope that helps!

Sunny

When I press 'menu' then '2' it asks me for a 4 digit code. 1232 wont work here. I can't get to button 3.
I have the dStv box and the default pin code is 1232 for setup issues.

On Menu "4" I enter 1232, and it gives me another menu:

after1323code.jpg

any more suggestions? Amazing Race grand final is tomorrow. Thanks for all the suggestions so far

:o

Definitely parental lock stuck on total lock. I would try and select the option in between the 2 thai phrases that end with the number 18. My thai GF tells me that this is the one that states NO LOCK.

Also, when you are trying to change from radio to TV it is asking if you want to reset things - the right option is YES - you may want to selecting this one too??? If you have not already...

Good luck!

BTW - I hope that arrogant sod Colin doesn't win the race! Go Chip!

Definitely parental lock stuck on total lock. I would try and select the option in between the 2 thai phrases that end with the number 18. My thai GF tells me that this is the one that states NO LOCK.

Also, when you are trying to change from radio to TV it is asking if you want to reset things - the right option is YES - you may want to selecting this one too??? If you have not already...

Good luck!

BTW - I hope that arrogant sod Colin doesn't win the race! Go Chip!

Thanks! Tried the lock, no joy.

Tried selecting 'yes' for reset, and still no joy.

I'm stumped.

And yes, GO CHIP!!! I know who's out in the 2nd last leg already, (RIP ***************) but don't know the winner yet, and I hope its not COLIN)

:o

Ok - we're not gonna give up on you that easily mate!

I have been looking at my manuals and mucking around with my remote:

• The main installation menu is protected by a slightly different pin code = 2321
  • To change the menu language to english try this - press the menu button, then press the button you normally use to switch the audio languages - this is what works on mine

I can't see your remote as posted by Phazey on this page now for some reason so I can't tell if you have audio switching button?? Strange that I could see it a short while ago??

Fingers crossed....