Cut Out ?

Who, me ?

Adobe Photoshop is my favorite. The magic wand technique for selecting pixels within a certain color range can be pretty handy, but there is also a lasso tool that allows you to drag a selection around whatever it is you want to cut out. It's pretty smart at figuring out what's what. The blur tool is also pretty essential to blur the cut-out with whatever new background you’re adding. Its takes away that cut-out look and helps with things that are really hard to isolate well, like hair.

Adobe Photoshop is my favorite. The magic wand technique for selecting pixels within a certain color range can be pretty handy, but there is also a lasso tool that allows you to drag a selection around whatever it is you want to cut out. It's pretty smart at figuring out what's what. The blur tool is also pretty essential to blur the cut-out with whatever new background you’re adding. Its takes away that cut-out look and helps with things that are really hard to isolate well, like hair.

If you're using photoshop to mask photos, I would recommend trying the extract tool instead (CTRL-Alt-X). It's specifically designed for this purpose, and in most cases superior.

Quick and simple, click Start, Run, then type MSPAINT, click OK.

A very basic program that will allow you to "crop" any image and save the result.

You can add simple titles touch bit up etc.

Zeo cost and is fine for most quick jobs.

No trip to the software shop or downloading required as is part of almost all Windows OS's.

Quick and simple, click Start, Run, then type MSPAINT, click OK.

A very basic program that will allow you to "crop" any image and save the result.

You can add simple titles touch bit up etc.

Zeo cost and is fine for most quick jobs.

No trip to the software shop or downloading required as is part of almost all Windows OS's.

Thanks for interest and answer, Cuban. I think I can do the kind of operation I need with this program.

Hi “Who,Me?”

I had not actually downloaded this program myself so did not realize it would not be straightforward.

It seems the “LiquidRescale” is a plug-in for the free program GIMP.

Wikipedia

I would sugest installing GIMP and then installing the LiquidRescale plug-in, but I am only guessing here so don’t shoot the messenger if it does not work. :o

GIMP Download

Daffy.

:D