Impreza Wrx Vs Evo Viii

seobangkok

3 years without driving is getting to me, so I've decided to get myself a motor. I left the UK selling a M3 E46 - It was a beauty! I really appreciate the sounds and that feeling of driving a nice, fast motor.

I'm 25 and have always fancied a boy racers car (along with most other 25 year olds!) As I see it, I've only got a couple of years before I look like a complete <deleted> in a boy racers car so now seems like a good oportunity to get it out of my system!

The WRX and the Evo VIII are both at 1.5mil and seem the perfect fit. What I want to know are opinions and thoughts from you knowledgable Thai Visa members on what one you would go for... I plan on test driving them both but would appreciate advice, tips and general feedback on both cars before making a final decision.

Many thanks in advance!

Here's the 2 I have in mind:

http://www.one2car.com/CarInfor/cardetails...81118&row=2

http://www.one2car.com/CarInfor/cardetails...84035&row=2

hey seobangkok,

the sti is nice, i prefer the new face lift but yea they cost a conciderable more.

but truth is i personally prefer an evo 8, which by nearly all reviews state that the evo is quicker around a track, handels best, just is the better. but then again, the sti has that amazing boxer engine sound....and the interior is much better then the evos.

but hey, honestly i dont think that evo you like is a good option. it looks likes a cedia conversion. (2 main reasons).

the evo 8 has a carbon fiber wing top...(just look at a stock pic of an evo 8) , second all evo8 have the fins on the top of the roof, above the rear windscreen(well at least the MR versions do.), and lastly cause the evo looking at the front looks like it has had a conversion kit....

GO for an evo 8 MR edition. handels, weight,power, suspensions are all better, and wouldnt cost much more than any evo 8, if not the same.

But the Evo for 1.5MB isn't a real Evo. It's a Lancer chassis with the engine, suspension, drivetrain, etc from a wrecked Japanese Evo so it won't handle exactly like the real Evo.

It all depends on where you have the car built.

The majority of the STi's are built in the same way, however the bonus with the Impreza is that they share the same chassis whether WRX or STi.

trust me in this, get the real deal. get the real evo.

mitusbishi rightly invested millionssss in devloping the evo from the lancer, its all for a reason.

pay an extra 100,000. or even the same 1.5 for a real evo....you should vist 2nd hand car dealerships. one i can recommend with evo, sti, dc5 integra, supras, rx7 rx8, skylines, 300zx, 350z, and the sort....is in rama 9, close to fortune hotel. if you are comming from asoke, at the traffic light right b4 fortune, turn right, then keep going stright, till the second set of traffic lights, on your left side will be a huge 2nd hand car dealers.

3 years without driving is getting to me, so I've decided to get myself a motor. I left the UK selling a M3 E46 - It was a beauty! I really appreciate the sounds and that feeling of driving a nice, fast motor.

I'm 25 and have always fancied a boy racers car (along with most other 25 year olds!) As I see it, I've only got a couple of years before I look like a complete <deleted> in a boy racers car so now seems like a good oportunity to get it out of my system!

The WRX and the Evo VIII are both at 1.5mil and seem the perfect fit. What I want to know are opinions and thoughts from you knowledgable Thai Visa members on what one you would go for... I plan on test driving them both but would appreciate advice, tips and general feedback on both cars before making a final decision.

Many thanks in advance!

Here's the 2 I have in mind:

http://www.one2car.com/CarInfor/cardetails...81118&row=2

http://www.one2car.com/CarInfor/cardetails...84035&row=2

I had this decision to make in 98, so i bought both, i decided id drive both for 3 months and keep the one i considered best, it was the evo5, i actually sold that car 4 times and bought it back , ( i had some police problems when i had it, ie reported for dangerous driving and other speed related offenses, this car brought out the worst in me ,everyone wanted to race and i was up for it ! ) i changed my cars regular back then and living in cornwall with quiet roads there was noting to touch it, my friend had the first M3 3.2 locally and i laced him everytime and throw some wet into the equasion and hed be further back as an also ran,. you needed to find a big bike for a proper race and even then on the tighter corners they would be beaten,i was in my 40s and still a boy racer, in my 20s i couldnt afford them ,just as well i was not as fast/good then,.not a tough decision for me, i loved that evo, a giant killer indeed,.in thailand though i plod along in my navara like most, the roads here are awful ,we are returning soon to the uk, i have that decision to make again ! mmm

Subaru is the only officially imported and supported car in Thailand, you'll probably get full service history on it. The rest are grey imports with all that it entails, even RX7, I believe.

The Subaru is also a grey import. There is no official Subaru company dealing Subaru cars, just companies like SEC, RPM, and Unity along with a bunch of other small import companies who deal them.

rx7 would be nice....but rotaries, burn fuel and plus u cant just take it to a local mechanic.

They also have a reputation for burning up 'engines'. There's alot of talk on the RX7 forums about the last generation engines having to be rebuilt at 50,000 miles. Of course, I think these guys don't leave it 'stock'.

Subaru is the only officially imported and supported car in Thailand, you'll probably get full service history on it. The rest are grey imports with all that it entails, even RX7, I believe.

The Subaru is also a grey import. There is no official Subaru company dealing Subaru cars, just companies like SEC, RPM, and Unity along with a bunch of other small import companies who deal them.

That's not true. Subaru always had its own distributor. For ages they had a showroom on Phetburi and recently they seriously expanded. Right now they offer about a dozen various Subaru models, all imported, of course, but they are official Subaru distributors in this region.

http://motorimage.net/TH/home/

• 3 months later...